Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

I can't decided between a 04 cobra or a evo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2006, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mustangs are very good for drag in comparison to the evo but if youre lookin for a great year round car as that guy uterus! said..ur better off with the evo
Old Oct 1, 2006, 12:43 PM
Rnm
Evolved Member

Drive both and see what you like more. I did the same thing and walked away in an Evo.
Old Oct 1, 2006, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let me put it this way. Like people have been sayin if straight line pulls are all you are into then get the cobra. However, if you want a car that is alll around versatile then get the evo. Basically the only thing the cobra will beat the evo in is in straight lines. But anything else whethor it be circuit, auto x, rally(snow, gravel, or dirt), touge(aka mountain running) the evo will put tha cobra to shame all day everyday.

On a side note I just raced a 03 cobra on the freeway a couplenights ao adjust obliterated it(graned I am modded) but supposedly so was he. He was pushing over 500 to the ground. But its all personal preference.
Old Oct 1, 2006, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mercenary3
your DEFINITELY NOT going to impress any girls with it
Are you sure about this? My evo doesnt even have the wing and girls are all up ons.
Old Oct 1, 2006, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by uterus!
Are you sure about this? My evo doesnt even have the wing and girls are all up ons.
haha I have to attest to this. Once I got the evo the game has increased noticeably. More so with the asian girls because they know what this car is. Most white girls are clueless and some latinas know and most black girls are clueless too. And remember peopel I said the word "most." So dont come on here exclaiing I am singling out certain races cause I m not. I am just stating to everyone my experiences with them.
Old Oct 1, 2006, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Girls always stare at my car. Once i was at a light and there were two hotties next to me and there like "lets race" (there on some crappy 95 or so corolla) and next thing you know i ended up inviting them to the party i was headed to.

Anyways as far as the 04 cobra, that was going to be my second choice. So if there was no evo i would rolling in one of those. I love the looks of those cars.
Old Oct 1, 2006, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

If you want to strictly race at the strip 1/4, then go with the cobra. If you plan on street racing, you will get smoked by AWD. Im not telling you to street race but the cobra will just go nowhere without slicks from a dig.
Old Oct 1, 2006, 11:09 PM

Great comparisons guys. Personally I driven in a cobra before, first time the supercharge kicked in it scared the crap out of me, fast very fast. But only one thing that bugs the hell out of me, It looks just like any other mustang out there if you don't know much about the cobra!
First time I drove my evo after turbo kicks in, fast very fast. Head turners? Yes! Cop attracter? Yes! Ricer influenced races? Yes! Street Challenges? Many! Loses? So far none! Seriously don't get me wrong I love the cobra but unless it's dirt cheap get the evo if they're the same price.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 11:24 AM

Cobra's are great fun...I had an 03, much rarer than an Evo in my area.....their biggest fault is they're heavy, ~3650, and can have mech issues, like anything else......however the blower whine is incredibly cool, gearing is perfect, mod potential is unbelieveable (pulley, intake/exhuast/chip= 475+ rwhp) and even stock I had a tough time running into many daily driven cars that would deystroy me.....stock I went door to door with a porsche gt3 up to 130 mph, as well as c5 Z06's, pulled a 360 modena going 120+, door to door with an e55, pulled m5's, blah blah blah etc...

like others have said...personal preference.....drive both and see what you enjoy.

Last edited by RedScare; Oct 2, 2006 at 11:28 AM.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dbdude
If you want to strictly race at the strip 1/4, then go with the cobra. If you plan on street racing, you will get smoked by AWD. Im not telling you to street race but the cobra will just go nowhere without slicks from a dig.
short stop light to stop light runs - you can't touch AWD.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 12:35 PM

You can fly out of the hole with evo's........modded cobra's are traction limited off the line, never had too many issues stock, best mod for those cars is the Driver mod .....if you want to keep going past 50 mph, those cobra's will scream......stock a c5 z06 has about 3 or 4 tenths on a cobra 0-60, it's about even after that.

Last edited by RedScare; Oct 2, 2006 at 12:40 PM.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Cobra for 1/4 mile and power to $$ ratio on mods and highway runs. Evo is more expensive to mod, it all depends on what you want. THE EVO can be just as fast but will cost more.AWD will run good in the rain snow dirt, RWD will not.Having a backseat that is useable is also a plus.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by uterus!

...hahaha last time i checked Evos and cobras ARE NOT panty droppers.

Anyways i'll chime in. As most said if you want year round go with the evo, the evo will handle all elements you throw at it a lot easier than the cobra. I am not saying you CANNOT drive a cobra in the snow or ice, but its more difficult of a task.

As for performance you CANNOT go wrong with the cobra, with very few dollars you can get massive hp numbers, and impressive 1/4 mile times. And like its already mentioned that engine is pretty much bullet proof.

The evo while its awesome for mods, requires alot more work than a cobra. Yes you CAN get them fast, but not nearly as easy for the cobra.

For me to say which one is better would be hard. Both are awesome in their own rights just depends on what your goals are with the car. If your looking for a road course/autox car go for the evo. If you want quick highway runs, and awesome 1/4 mile times go with the cobra.

Also on a side note i still think the 03-04 cobras are way better than the new GT500's... Call me crazy i just do not see the gt500 truely worth the 43k they ask for MSRP. And i definitely do not see it being worth the dealer markups that are out there now. FYI markups on that car now are currently 10K and up.

Good luck with your choices.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 01:14 PM

good post. ditto on all.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

No matter how much you could like a Cobra...remember its still a Ford

Quick Reply: I can't decided between a 04 cobra or a evo