Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Buschur Exhaust with Magnaflow or Bullet ?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2007, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Buschur Exhaust with Magnaflow or Bullet ?

I am in the process of getting some work done to my car. I am planning on getting a Filter, Exhaust, Fuel Pump and a Custom Tune. After doing some research and getting a lot of advice I have decided to go for the Buschur Exhaust System with a High Flow Cat however they offer 2 configurations for this system, one using the Bullet muffler the other using the Magnaflow.
Correct me if I am wrong but from what I have heard the Bullet is essentially the louder of the 2 is this correct ? That being said can anyone who has one of either the 2 varients please advise me as to which to go for. Is there anyone who has one who now wishes they had the other for any particular reason ? I like the sound but I do not want something too obnoxious nor do I want to get a headache on long drives from an annoying drone so please tell me which one you think I should opt for. I have also heard the Bullet will yield slightly more power, is this true ?

Thanks in advance,
MarK.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

Well the BR exhaust isn't exactly the most quiet exhaust out there regardless of what muffler you decide to go with. I haven't heard of the bullet making more power and personally I like the note of the Magnaflow better. My 2-cents, go with the Magna.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

It really depends. Are the cops in your kneck of the woods a bunch of A-holes? I have never heard of the bullet style making more power than the Mag but since the Mag is quieter it might be more restrictive so a VERY small gain is possible. The bullet is also lighter which is something to consider. The Bullet is loud but like I said, it depends on your situation.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

The amount of hp the Bullet might free up isn't worth the hassle you described. Magna ftw.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 03:40 PM

Louder=better flow=more power

While I don't personally have the buschur exhaust, I have heard both the magnaflow and bullet and I have to say that I found the magnaflow loud but mellow and the bullet is just plain LOUD. They both make my catless greddy sound like stock, even though it's a bit louder than stock itself. If you don't want something obnoxious and value your hearing, definitely go for the magnaflow. They both flow real well, so it would be hard to tell the power difference between them.

Last edited by Guyver; Apr 30, 2007 at 03:44 PM.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

I have the magna and I love it. I am assuming that you have listened to the audio of each on their website. But I would go with Magna from personal experience! Good luck man!
Old Apr 30, 2007, 04:20 PM

I have the bullet muffler, and I don't find it particularly loud.

Personally, I like the sound of the exhaust, and even my wife said she didn't think it was that loud, and improved the sound quality over the stock exhaust. Also, if you're not on it (i.e. - when I'm driving through residential areas), I really don't find it that much louder than stock, and I find I don't get a second glance from most people.

Then again, I live in an area where V8s are the car of choice for the majority of enthusiasts, so take that into consideration.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 04:59 PM

Manga Flow sounds great. Buschur Racing made a new version of their "Bullet" muffler, which is said to be more quiet and mellow...don't know how much more quiet, but not as loud ^^ GL with your decisions! Btw, Bullet is SS and Magna is not.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 05:33 PM

I would def go with the magnaflow. Sounds better.
Old May 1, 2007, 05:07 AM

Question

Thanks for the replies so far guys and please keep them comming as I am still undecided. Can someone show me the link on their web site where I can hear a sound clip for each system as I seem unable to find it ? ? ?

Thanks again,
MarK.
Old May 1, 2007, 05:22 AM
Evolving Member

I have the same system you want with the Magnaflow. Mellow at idle and a banshee at WOT. That's my recommendation.
Old May 1, 2007, 05:38 AM
Evolving Member

I also have the BR 3" TBE WITH OFF ROAD PIPE and Magnaflow. A good friend of mine has the bullet and when we put my system on, he was surprised just how quiet it was compared to his. Let me tell you hearing mine idle in the early morning getting ready for work, I couldn't imagine how the bullet would affect my neighbors
As far as I know there is no power loss if you went for the Magnaflow.

I must say I have not personally heard the system with the HFC but I would imagine that it would make it quieter also.

Bottom line...you cant go wrong with the Magnaflow for lower decibels.
Old May 1, 2007, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

Assuming both are catless, the magnaflow is loud and mellow, and the bullet is ultra mega stupid loud. The diffrence is mostly at idle. One sounds like the engine brake on a semi and the other sounds like a gattling gun. Bushcur exhaust are probably unmatched in power but they are loud as hell.
Old May 1, 2007, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

i personally like the bullet it is more aggressive but i think the cops in oyur area will make this decision for you.
Old May 1, 2007, 07:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
kingsolomon,

That is correct. The bullet is louder than the magnaflow.

The sound clip of the bullet on the website is a catless version. The Bullet with the highflow cat has a nice tone to it and is pretty mellow under normal driving conditions but sounds rather aggressive at WOT. I personally do not think it is overly loud but just sounds mean. The bullet does flow better and does show a gain over the magnaflow not to mention it is 4.7lbs lighter than the Magnaflow. I do not feel that the bullet drowns while driving.

The magnaflow is the way to go if you are worried about sound levels or cops. It has a real nice mellow tone under normal driving, does not drone, etc.... It is not loud at all in my opinion at WOT.

With both exhausts with the highflow cat you are still able to listen to the radio or have a conversation in the car without yelling.

Let me know if there is anything I can help you out with. I'll be glad to answer your questions.

Take care guys!

Quick Reply: Buschur Exhaust with Magnaflow or Bullet ?