Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Windshield washer spray

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2007, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by barneyb
At 85 mph a nice fine spray goes up and over the car, carried by the airstream. So, yeah, check out a Honda, I don't think they go that fast.
Not really true. The spritzers on my gf's CR-V hits low on the highway. Although some splash is to be expected.
Old May 10, 2007, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
I wasn't trying to knock Hondas persay, just trying to point out there may be a reason for why the sprayer works the way it does. I also drive a subie WRX and around town it kills the Evo. At high speed it is the other way around. They are two cars built for two different purposes. Most things on an Evo hate slow, maybe the windshield washers are the same.
Old May 10, 2007, 10:53 PM

Most likely clogged with either grime rain leaves behind, or maybe you are a casual waxer, and have build up in the nozzles, happened to me many times, on many cars!
Old May 29, 2007, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hm.. seems like this thread has been upto date.. Well i have installed the windsheild nozzles from the 2004 Galant... They were a breaze to install. but a pain to get my fingers in to remove the old ones.. Just gotta be gentle underneath and a little forceful on the outside to pull them out. If you purchase them, you'll notice that the new ones have a "push" tab that allows the nozzles to snap in under the hood, just gotta push those ones on the car in a bit and then pull on the nozzle slightly wiggling it helps... (wow this post sounds wrong haha) At about 70mph they work fine, for me the spray gets pushed right up against the windsheild and reaches up about a little higher than half way and covers it all the way down. I wish i could post up a picture but my camera is MIA right now. While at a stand still the spray goes up nice and high, though there is a lot of overspray mist that gets the roof, side windows and such, but i don't mind. For a 10$ mod, its one of the most practical and easy mods to install. Plus the spray is 10x better than the stock pissers... If you have anymore questions feel free to PM me. I forget the part number though, if you search there's another thread about these with two sets or part numbers, not sure about the difference but they both serve the same purpose.
Old May 29, 2007, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

thanks for the info.....

mine is so unpredictable. one day it's fine then the next it's horrible. yesterday the left side decides to just squirt all over my hood and doesn't even reach the windshield. now i have pink residue all over my white hood...yay.