Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

new to forum, prospective evo owner

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2007, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new to forum, prospective evo owner

hello evo members,

im fairly new to the evo scene as I was only in the supra scene for a while, planning to get an evo. What are the pros and cons of buying a used evo 03-05. Also, if i buy an 06 again the pros and cons of those models used. I can't really afford to buy new as of now because i just dumped a lot of money into the supra. anyway in socal, gay cops keep pulling me over so i might as well get a low key car and still get the power of boost. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Minh
Old May 17, 2007, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

search button.
Old May 17, 2007, 03:10 PM
Former Vendor

An EVO is definately not a low key car. If cops are a concern then you shouldn't get one. It's usually not a good idea to buy a used EVO since the previous owner probably piece the snot out of it. Even if there is a warranty left on it, the dealer may not do any repairs because you are the second owner. That's what the dealer told me when I took mine in for service. The EVO may not be as expensive to hook up as a Supra but just like any fast car, once the horsepower bug bites ya, there goes your money.
Old May 18, 2007, 12:45 AM

what i mean to say was i wanted a lower key car because cops own my supra on the road especially w/ the loud exhaust. But how about if i buy it from a dealer, used. Anybody have experience from buying a used evo from a dealer?
Old May 18, 2007, 04:52 AM
Former Vendor

I bought mine used. They try to get out of doing any warranty work any way possible. A guy I knew wrecked his, and the frame was bent and got it fixed. Never drove the same again. He traded it in for a new one and the dealer never found out it was wrecked, they didn't even check. It was up for sale the same day.
Old May 18, 2007, 04:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Speed Corps
I bought mine used. They try to get out of doing any warranty work any way possible. A guy I knew wrecked his, and the frame was bent and got it fixed. Never drove the same again. He traded it in for a new one and the dealer never found out it was wrecked, they didn't even check. It was up for sale the same day.
well, thats grounds for lemon law suit....whoever buys it will get themself a new evo after
Old May 18, 2007, 06:08 AM
Evolving Member

you can buy used if your smart.. and the evo can be somewhat low key, but you gotta go wingless to fly under the radar (im going to be doing this soon as well).

i just bought a used 06 with 17k highway miles on it, and i got it from a dealer. great price, and i even spoke with the previous owner who had no reason to lie to me since i bought it from the dealer and not him (and he doesnt like the dealership either). anyway, it was never modded, and broken in by the book which is very critical on these cars.

ideally the ix is the best model out there mainly do to the new mivec system so it puts out more power stock, and responds to mods a little better.

if you go with an viii try to go 05 if possible because it has a 10.5 hotside as compared to the 9.8 on the 03/04, and it also has the acd which is a nice feature..

although you cant go wrong with any year, and they all respond to mods very well due to being boosted.

check out the un official wingless thread in show and shine for an idea on how they look without the wing.. i personally think they look great like that.