Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

What model is sold with the black bbs wheels?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2009, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What model is sold with the black bbs wheels?

I soon want to purchase a 2006 Mitsubishi Evolution IX MR Graphite Gray.

But my question is does that model evo come in the SE with the tint and front lip and the black bbs wheels?

I have searched all over the net and all of the mitsubishi dealership sites(even SouthCoast). I have seen video on youtube of an graphite gray evo 9 MR with the stock tint and lip and black forged bbs wheels, I just want to make sure I am searching for the right evo because if you are getting a evo, i would want to get the one I like lol.

Old Jan 15, 2009, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe the FQ series had black BBS wheels, but most you see now are just people who had their stock BBS's painted or powder coated black.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
None of the U.S. models came with black wheels, though the SE variant of the Evo IX had BBS wheels in a color called Diamond Black, though the actual rim itself is more like a dull chrome. What you may have seen was the VIII (not IX) MR FQ-400, which has unique black wheels, but they're not BBS. Are these the ones you're talking about?

Old Jan 15, 2009, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

the car u want is most likely a evo 9 mr se

i do beleive u can get the mr with the se stuff as well as a regular 9 with se package or ssl package.

and they are correct the bbs wheels on the se trim package is diamond black and the regular bbs are silver.

the only black wheels are the fq wheels by www.teamdynamics.com
Old Jan 15, 2009, 07:00 PM

No Evo comes with tint? It looks like normal glass to me on all of them stock. The MR comes with the black BBS wheels. It's not like a DEEP black, more like a gunmetal but they are the darkest rims. The SE comes with Diamond black like the guy above said. It's like silvery, which I have. The SE does come with the front lip though.

http://images.automotive.com/cob/fac...o%20brakes.jpg

Thats the MR wheels. and Then the SE wheels look like.

http://www.htlounge.net/content_images/4/0963a.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d2...i/GGEvo015.jpg

Last edited by MikePL; Jan 15, 2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

yah im not sure about the tints either
Old Jan 15, 2009, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MikePL
No Evo comes with tint? It looks like normal glass to me on all of them stock. The MR comes with the black BBS wheels. It's not like a DEEP black, more like a gunmetal but they are the darkest rims. The SE comes with Diamond black like the guy above said. It's like silvery, which I have. The SE does come with the front lip though.
Like I said before, the guy was probably thinking of the VIII MR FQ-400 from Top Gear that we all see on YouTube... the black wheels should've given it away. Also, tint is a factory option in most other countries, so obviously he wasn't talking about a U.S. model.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 07:46 PM

This is exactly what I want... looks very stock to me lol.... I have searched many mitsubishi sites and I have seen many evos that were stock with with tint on the rear and side windows, not the front....
Yea I have seen for sale on southcoast a 2005 MR with those diamond black wheels and the tail lights were jdm(orange blinker), i like those tailights....

So I read your post and I am still trying to figure out if there is such a model MR SE....
Any help for finding the vechile for sale would be awesome....
Thanks guys

Last edited by Rafalgtz00; Jan 15, 2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

^ Those are painted by owners. They don't come like that from the factory.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 07:55 PM
hlm
Evolving Member

mmm. i love the gunmetal grey!!! and the ww, and the black.. ah they are all so nice.. anyone wanna trade for a silver 03 400hp 35r aem hks 280's rsr exhuast 2.3l storker and much much more for a stock evo9??? lol
Old Jan 15, 2009, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

that rim was definatly painted by the owner... i am yet to see one with tinted windows and a deep black rim from the factory
Old Jan 15, 2009, 08:36 PM
Evolving Member

Not to try and sound like an douchebag, but purely from an economic standpoint, why offer anything to someone in excess of what they want? Why tint a car from factory? Not everyone will want tint, and obviously it will increase the MSRP therby detracting a small percentage of buyers?

And if you see something really rare, chances are it wasn't from the factory. Evo's arent damn baskin robbin flavors, there is a preset number of models and trims. Mitsu isn't rolling out evos with purple, green and blue shoes.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 08:49 PM

Here is a MR IX Grey:

http://www.southcoastmitsubishi.com/...oryId=25861068

Here is a SE IX Grey:

http://www.southcoastmitsubishi.com/...oryId=24758415

Why is it that I can find a SE IX 5spd with tint from factory and keep finding the MR 6spd without tint and they both have the same wheels,I thought the MR was gunmetal both models have sliver.... any explaintion?
Old Jan 15, 2009, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Turbodemon
the car u want is most likely a evo 9 mr se

i do beleive u can get the mr with the se stuff as well as a regular 9 with se package or ssl package.

and they are correct the bbs wheels on the se trim package is diamond black and the regular bbs are silver.

the only black wheels are the fq wheels by www.teamdynamics.com
the regular BBS that comes on the MR is a darker gray-ish kinda color, the SE BBS are more bright in a sense...like silver or dull chrome
Old Jan 15, 2009, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rafalgtz00
Here is a MR IX Grey:

http://www.southcoastmitsubishi.com/...oryId=25861068

Here is a SE IX Grey:

http://www.southcoastmitsubishi.com/...oryId=24758415

Why is it that I can find a SE IX 5spd with tint from factory and keep finding the MR 6spd without tint and they both have the same wheels,I thought the MR was gunmetal both models have sliver.... any explaintion?
Hey genius, those are pre-owned vehicles... the previous owner added the tint, it's not a factory option in the U.S.

Quick Reply: What model is sold with the black bbs wheels?