Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Looking to buy an x gsr

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2009, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to buy an x gsr

First off i drive an 04 GTi modded about 210 whp on a stock turbo... anyways back on track, I'm currently dead serious about buying an 08 gsr.... Now from what i understand With just bolt ons you can make an exra 50hp?? Any truth to this... also anyone with an X how do you guys like it?? my friend has a SE and i loved how it drove.... Just looking for some feedback before I buy..
Thanks,
John
Old Mar 20, 2009, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

assuming you get full bolt on and a tune, you are looking at AT LEAST 90 awhp on mustang dyno.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pereira88
First off i drive an 04 GTi modded about 210 whp on a stock turbo... anyways back on track, I'm currently dead serious about buying an 08 gsr.... Now from what i understand With just bolt ons you can make an exra 50hp?? Any truth to this... also anyone with an X how do you guys like it?? my friend has a SE and i loved how it drove.... Just looking for some feedback before I buy..
Thanks,
John
50hp is no problem; here' s a couple threads to check out:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ash-70whp.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...p-gain-7k.html

There are plenty more in 'Dyno Results.'

Do eeeeet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfCyAr1x7dk
Old Mar 20, 2009, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
The Evo is a whole different animal. I went from a 260whp, front wheel drive Nissan 200SX SE-R to the Evo. TONS of grip, no more spinning the tires! You can put some serious power down on corner exit, AWD is pretty amazing in that respect. Steering is amazing. And the Golf feels like a boat compared to the Evo.

Just a reflash will net ~40whp. Bolt-ons and a flash? 100+whp gains have been seen.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

A reflash or tune alone would get you the extra 50hp. With some simple bolt ons and a tune its easy to get a hundred extra.
Check out Buschur Racing. There a vendor here and they have some staged upgrades there. Pretty good stuff.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 05:52 PM

yeah I'm deff excited... as im 21 years old and work for BPT police in CT, I mean I've been a Vdubb douchebag since i was 16 so i honestly can't wait... as far as all wheel drive goes i was honestly minutes away from buying a new 08 STI but the dealership woulodn't give it to me out the door for 29k.... yes 29k in cash and they would not let it go... The stupid sales man told me 30k out the door and then replied to me whats 1k more?? So i told him whats 1k less then?? then he told me they sell 100-200 cars a month.. I laughed and said later....
But yes i cant wait, I just dont want to ruin my warrenty right away thats all so i wont be doing much besides maybe a catback exhaust maybe a DP
Old Mar 20, 2009, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pereira88
I just dont want to ruin my warrenty right away thats all so i wont be doing much besides maybe a catback exhaust maybe a DP
heard that before
usually lasts a couple months before more mods are added