Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Want to buy a X today

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2009, 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by akemi27
test driving an sti or evo will always be a problem ask a friend who has one to test it out
How that is handled is saying " how do you expect me to buy a 40,000 car I can't drive. Its like buyings shoes with out trying them on "

But in the other side of the coin, yes us Evolution owners don't want miles on it the car when you take delivery right. So don't be a tire kicker and not be serious or ready to buy.

Last edited by Drift4; May 11, 2009 at 06:31 AM.
Old May 10, 2009, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

I would take a red for that price.
Old May 10, 2009, 05:46 PM

I don't want to derail this topic further, but while I understand the dealership's position, I was still pretty miffed that here they are, offering massive discounts on their cars, and they won't let me get a damn three-mile test drive which would make their 19 magical miles 22. I guess next time I will attempt to communicate my seriousness more; however, I will stop short of submitting a credit application and negotiating numbers, because I think that's absurd just to test-drive a stupid car. It is precisely like buying a pair of shoes without trying them on--only that's potentially a $100 mistake, whereas this is a $40,000 one.
Old May 10, 2009, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

1. Submit credit application.
2. Get approved.
3. Test drive car.
4. Tell dealership to stick it because you were offended they made you apply before test driving car.
5. ??????????
6. Profit!

Old May 10, 2009, 06:59 PM

Seth, that's funny, and I'd have less of a problem doing that if it didn't impact my credit score, but it does. Also, how do they know I'm not paying cash, or financing via other means? It's just silly to deny people test drives selectively based on arbitrary criteria (and I know it's selectively, because others have told me they didn't have problems test-driving these cars, including in this thread). I'm going to try again at the other dealership which denied me a few months ago and explain the situation.
Old May 10, 2009, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Dont buy this car loll .. Its unreal how this car DROPS in value like no other car ive seen haha thank god i got rid of mine and only took a few grand loss... A friend of mine bought a white one GSR SSS for 36k out the door 6 months ago drove it for 14000 miles the dealer wants to offer him 22 grand for it lolll it is insane!!! how this car blows on a resale value a 40000 dollar evo for 25 new hahaa this is pathetic You buy this car now for 25000 drive it for 10K miles the dealer will give you 15 on a trade in .... WOW thats all i gotta say is WOW
Old May 10, 2009, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kuba23
Dont buy this car loll .. Its unreal how this car DROPS in value like no other car ive seen haha thank god i got rid of mine and only took a few grand loss... A friend of mine bought a white one GSR SSS for 36k out the door 6 months ago drove it for 14000 miles the dealer wants to offer him 22 grand for it lolll it is insane!!! how this car blows on a resale value a 40000 dollar evo for 25 new hahaa this is pathetic You buy this car now for 25000 drive it for 10K miles the dealer will give you 15 on a trade in .... WOW thats all i gotta say is WOW
ummm everyone knows Dealerships low ball like crazy on trade ins...this is no surprise. The only people that trade in to dealers are people that are either too lazy to sell their cars privately and people who dont care that they can get a better price elsewhere.

If your buddy was buying a car as an investment then he should really reconsider. Cars depreciate right when they get driven off the lot, you had better have made an informed decision when you buy it or else you have no one else to blame. I mean who trades in Cars after 14K miles? Thats just asking to loose money. If you didnt like the car in the first place then you shouldnt have bought it. If you decide you dont like the car later, then you gotta pay to play.

Last edited by Mj23foreva; May 10, 2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old May 10, 2009, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Good point about dealers low balling.

This is why I am considering keeping the RA I have now when I go to get my Evo X. I may just hold onto the RA and pass it down to my daughter when she turns 16 and gets her license. Sure it's 9 years away, but this way I keep the car and I know what kind of shape it's in, no need to worry about maintenance history, was it hit, etc.

The Evo would be my project/track car and the RA could be my DD until then, maybe have some minor mods to improve handling and power.

I am still holding on to the 240 for now. I seem to have issues with getting rid of cars once I have them. lol The only exception was the old Plymouth Voyager I drove for 5 yeads, I had no problems getting rid of that beast.
Old May 10, 2009, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
1. Submit credit application.
2. Get approved.
3. Test drive car.
4. Tell dealership to stick it because you were offended they made you apply before test driving car.
5. ??????????
6. Profit!

Yes true, but I was paying for it cash in hand! So no need credit application, because I have a Blank Cashiers check, just like I paid for my other Evolution....don't believe in paying interest.
Old May 10, 2009, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Yes true, but I was paying for it cash in hand! So no need credit application, because I have a Blank Cashiers check, just like I paid for my other Evolution....don't believe in paying interest.
Well, in that case...

1. Ask to test drive car, wait for them to say no.
2. Show them them you have cash in hand ready to roll.
3. Test drive car.
4. Haggle with them, get the lowest price, make them do all the paper work, eat up their time.
5. Tell them you changed your mind because they were rude about test driving the car.
6. ???????????
7. Profit.

Okay, yeah, I can be kind of a dick when people really **** me off.
Old May 10, 2009, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what the heck do you do that gives you the privilege to pay for a car in full? you're def in the lower demographic of 19yr olds who can do that...most, if not all dealerships will definitely give you probs about test driving bc of your age - that's what america does best - discriminate!
Old May 11, 2009, 06:13 AM

what the heck do you do that gives you the privilege to pay for a car in full? you're def in the lower demographic of 19yr olds who can do that...most, if not all dealerships will definitely give you probs about test driving bc of your age - that's what america does best - discriminate!
I don't, but trust me, there are plenty of spoiled 19-year-olds with M&D sponsorships who can pay cash (well, their parents' cash) for brand new Evos. The point is, they should not make assumptions, especially if I pull up in what I consider to be a nice car. Maybe STIs and Evos are somehow "different" from E92 M3s, but they're also half the price. I had no problem test-driving the former (well, I did at one dealership, but another was happy to oblige, and I almost leased it). I really just don't like the attitude I've gotten at these two Subaru/Mitsu dealerships, so I'll have to go and try again with more conviction.
Old May 11, 2009, 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

Who said I was 19?
Old May 11, 2009, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

I guess that explains getting a brand new car thats worth 40 grand for 25 LOLL THIS evo is the worst in resale value EVER!!! Go on autotrader u see stock IX's still going for 30 K with 10k miles haha
Old May 11, 2009, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Horrible

Quick Reply: Want to buy a X today