Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

jdm rear and exhaust fitment question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2009, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jdm rear and exhaust fitment question

Where do manufacturers make the difference in there exhausts for jdm rear fitment?

Do they just cut an inch or two out of a pipe somewhere? I'm mainly asking because I was looking at getting an exhaust but I would have to adjust it somehow to make it fit with my jdm rear, and wondering whats the best way to go about this.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

Anybody?
Old Aug 6, 2009, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yea you cut the tip of the exhaust pipe down. actually not really that hard if you care. Long as its not sticking out 10 inches from the bumper your cool lol. or you can buy a jdm cut exhaust if you like which will be short
Old Aug 6, 2009, 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

Or you can just sell me your jdm bumper lol jp
Old Aug 6, 2009, 10:03 PM

Here, this is a Megan Racing exhaust.

It was cut just behind the muffler and rewelded after the proper shortening measure/adjustment.

You just need to shorten what current exhaust pipe you have
Old Aug 6, 2009, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by J.Js evo9mr
Or you can just sell me your jdm bumper lol jp
Who me???? Lol its bby with the custom Carbon fiber plate i made. lol you would have to repaint
Old Aug 6, 2009, 10:40 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...nt-thread.html
Old Aug 7, 2009, 06:48 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I'd already seen the jdm fitment thread posts. But I was looking at getting a used exhaust for about half the price of a new one and wanted to make sure I could make a non jdm exhaust fit well. I was mainly worried that if I cut out some of the pipe behind the muffler somewhere I would have to move the hangers too.

ApexSafety93 cleared that up for me though.

Thanks,
Old Aug 7, 2009, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
Who me???? Lol its bby with the custom Carbon fiber plate i made. lol you would have to repaint

No lol i meant the guy who started the thread lol i think he has graphite grey as well !
Old Aug 7, 2009, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

No lol i meant the guy who started the thread lol i think he has graphite grey as well !

YEA they dont come in bby. Thats makes the JDM evo 9 REAR bumper(bby) the most expensive one out the bunch period.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

YEA they dont come in bby. Thats makes the JDM evo 9 REAR bumper(bby) the most expensive one out the bunch period.

Dam then u better not ever get rid of it lol do u know i good site were i can find a good deal on one? Ima look into gettin one later!
Old Aug 7, 2009, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Dam then u better not ever get rid of it lol do u know i good site were i can find a good deal on one? Ima look into gettin one later!
yup best deals ever on jdm rears are in the sales forums. there is always IF YOU LOOK people selling there rears for 350-500. I got mine brand new from these forums for 500 shipped then i repainted it and made my cf plate as well. some are even less with trade of usdm bumper. You just have to look and keep your eyes peeled. If you have to repaint one OH well if your color is not in stock then repainting a used one is a hella option. i can repaint almost any color for 370 so if you can get say a red one for 300 or so that make its 670 plus shipping. And before somebody adds there two cents in the price of the jdm rear is going UP not down now 785+ shipping so you still make out good there are some vendors that do group buys and lower the price but its still going up and up.

here is mine with plate added. close up to cover the holes created since usa plates are not long and retangular like european or japanese plates.

Old Aug 7, 2009, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

yup best deals ever on jdm rears are in the sales forums. there is always IF YOU LOOK people selling there rears for 350-500. I got mine brand new from these forums for 500 shipped then i repainted it and made my cf plate as well. some are even less with trade of usdm bumper. You just have to look and keep your eyes peeled. If you have to repaint one OH well if your color is not in stock then repainting a used one is a hella option. i can repaint almost any color for 370 so if you can get say a red one for 300 or so that make its 670 plus shipping. And before somebody adds there two cents in the price of the jdm rear is going UP not down now 785+ shipping so you still make out good there are some vendors that do group buys and lower the price but its still going up and up.

here is mine with plate added. close up to cover the holes created since usa plates are not long and retangular like european or japanese plates.

Cool and your talkin about the sales forum on here right? like evo for sales 1-9 interior and exterior?
Old Aug 7, 2009, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Cool and your talkin about the sales forum on here right? like evo for sales 1-9 interior and exterior?

that would be correct and im going to make more sell 2 or 3 more the cf plate i made 180 shipped
Old Aug 7, 2009, 09:04 PM
Evolving Member

that would be correct and im going to make more sell 2 or 3 more the cf plate i made 180 shipped

Awesome i just found a vendor that might have some (brian?)but yea if they give me a good deal ima have to jump on one lol

Quick Reply: jdm rear and exhaust fitment question