Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

looking into getting an evo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2009, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
First off, go USC!, and yes, driving and working an evo is more expensive than drugs. Keep up on the maintenance and once you have some spare money, throw it into your baby and watch that money tear up the tarmac.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol after reading all this i feel like an evo will be tearing up my pockets

Last edited by Sonicstang03; Sep 11, 2009 at 07:22 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

find me something cool that wont destroy your bank account and i will call you the man, and no civics are not cool
Old Sep 12, 2009, 08:45 AM

lol true.... haha i mean with just a boost controller and exhaust how much power am i looking at?
Old Sep 12, 2009, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sonicstang03
lol true.... haha i mean with just a boost controller and exhaust how much power am i looking at?

in my opinion i would go with a LICP first then try out an exhaust and boost controler...Once you change the air filter and exhaust you will need a tune...ill put it this way you can find a TBE/MBC/LICP/Intake/header/Fuel pump and maybe a bigger IC on this site for under or around 1K...With all of those things you will need a tune...Depends on were you go to get tuned for the price...Buschur cost a little bit but you get what you pay for with them...Sounds like if you get an evo and the budget you will be on you should buy all used parts from people on this site...There is nothing wrong with that at all..You will just get a better price..I would say you should first drive an EVO and see how you fall in love with it...Hey you might hate it but i doubt it
Old Sep 12, 2009, 10:06 AM

good luck and hope you find a well decent one. take no short cuts btw, i'm took one and it's costing me big time lol..
Old Sep 12, 2009, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by malonejr2000
in my opinion i would go with a LICP first then try out an exhaust and boost controler...Once you change the air filter and exhaust you will need a tune...ill put it this way you can find a TBE/MBC/LICP/Intake/header/Fuel pump and maybe a bigger IC on this site for under or around 1K...With all of those things you will need a tune...Depends on were you go to get tuned for the price...Buschur cost a little bit but you get what you pay for with them...Sounds like if you get an evo and the budget you will be on you should buy all used parts from people on this site...There is nothing wrong with that at all..You will just get a better price..I would say you should first drive an EVO and see how you fall in love with it...Hey you might hate it but i doubt it
But how much power (EST.)
Old Sep 12, 2009, 01:14 PM

i have a 2004 TB Evo, i bought it about four months ago. It had 88K on it when i bought it. It checked it over, clutch was already upgraded (a plus), had a 3" catback exhaust, Defi boost gauge and control box, blitz turbo timer, injen intercooler pipes and intake, as well as a greddy BOV. Also, i was fortunate that the timing belt had already been replaced with a HKS one! All i have had to do with it was change the coils.... which i hear is pretty common, put new plugs in, oil change, and checked it over... other than that it was in great shape!! I stole it for $11,400!!! So good deals are out there just hard to find!!!
Old Sep 12, 2009, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by slowgoevoviii
i have a 2004 tb evo, i bought it about four months ago. It had 88k on it when i bought it. It checked it over, clutch was already upgraded (a plus), had a 3" catback exhaust, defi boost gauge and control box, blitz turbo timer, injen intercooler pipes and intake, as well as a greddy bov. Also, i was fortunate that the timing belt had already been replaced with a hks one! All i have had to do with it was change the coils.... Which i hear is pretty common, put new plugs in, oil change, and checked it over... Other than that it was in great shape!! I stole it for $11,400!!! So good deals are out there just hard to find!!!
damn!!!!nice nice.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

$11,400 what a snag dude
Old Sep 12, 2009, 03:27 PM

yea its possible with like 60k miles
Old Sep 12, 2009, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CAM09
But how much power (EST.)

any where from 300 to 360 hp i would say..
Old Sep 12, 2009, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by malonejr2000
any where from 300 to 360 hp i would say..
Well thats good for a year round car for me, and im sure there good cars for bad weather as far as snow and rain?
Old Sep 12, 2009, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

well ive yet to drive my evo in snow, but ive seen front wheel drive cars manage so im sure an AWD with some all season tires has a chance
Old Sep 13, 2009, 09:53 AM

You should definitely, get a TBE, intercooler pipes, intake, manual boost controller, 255lph fuel pump, and possibly a upgraded FMIC and you should put close to 320-340 awhp with a good tuner.

Quick Reply: looking into getting an evo