Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Dash Mounted Gauge Pod

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2011, 01:34 PM
SUSPECTED SCAMMER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dash Mounted Gauge Pod

so i got a Dash Gauge pod and its simple to install but as for my gauges thats a whole different story. How would i run the wires from the top of the dash (above the radio) to where they need to go. i look at the how to section and didnt seem to find anything for this particular spot. if anyone can link me to a write up that i seem to be missing please do! also possible will pay to get it done if someone wants to come and do it or can recommend a shop near me that can do it for pretty cheap. (trying to save some money up)

thanks in advance!
Old Jan 4, 2011, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

Look at the front most part of the dash (part closest to front end) there is a long thin vent that hits your window to defrost it. In the middle of this strip there is a small rectangular plug. Use a flathead screwdriver and pop that plug out. You now have the hole for your gauges.

To get to the other end, remove the bezel that goes infront of your gauge cluster. Now remove your HVAC cover. Now remove your dash strip where the clock is located. Unplug the hazard button and clock. feed a piece of wire/string down the hole on the top of the dashboard and feed to to the passenger side of the car. Grab it on the right side of the vent tubes.

Once you are ready to wire up your gauges, tape the wire to the string/wire which is already fed through the hole, pull it through and voila.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

Now you can paypal me for the how to lol
Old Jan 4, 2011, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

what he said! Except I didn't take my hvac bezel off I just fed a nice long wire through first ubtill I saw it come out of the bottom. Then taped all the gauge wires that needed to go through it to the long wire and pulled it all the way down. Bingo! Wire them all up!
Old Jan 5, 2011, 10:08 AM
SUSPECTED SCAMMER

haha thanks guys! i just installed the steering wheel gauge (boost and AFR) what a pain in the ***. the gauge pod wouldnt stick to the steering wheel column. that was the hardest part. Wiring it was extremely easy!