Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Hi! I just bought a 2002 Lancer OZ!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2002, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Hi! I just bought a 2002 Lancer OZ!!

Yup, just bought it this morning, will be picking it up tomm at the dealership. Its all yellow w/ leather embroidered OZ seats and a moonroof. I'm loving this car . I have some questions about it tho. What kind of mods do they have for this car? I'm looking for spring/coilovers, intake, exhaust, a better looking spoiler then the factory etc. Anything that'll improve its looks and make it more faster. Thanks
Old Jun 26, 2002, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Honestly now...try running a search for parts and anything you might be looking for. Try for say, 10 minutes, and if you don't find anything then maybe someone will be inclined to answer your post...hint...look down...
Old Jun 26, 2002, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Re: Hi! I just bought a 2002 Lancer OZ!!

Originally posted by SamSiLkK216
Its all yellow w/ leather embroidered OZ seats and a moonroof

LEATHER? MOONROOF?...argh...more for me to curse my dealership out...lol
Old Jun 26, 2002, 11:29 AM
Evolving Member

moonroof!! i want a moonroof!! what the hell is this.. all these new lancers with leather oz packages..why was i never informed of this when i got my car
Old Jun 26, 2002, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

yeah dood, whats up?!?!? I was never informed about moon roofs and leather packages.
Old Jun 26, 2002, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

To all moderators:

can't you just PM the person then delete their thread. There are so many of these newbies who come here and they want to know what mods they can get when they have like 3 miles on the ODO and haven't even done a search on the web or on the forum. maybe it's just me, but thats just IMO. i know Paul has to be tired of these, he seems to be the first to reply to all threads of the sort.
Old Jun 26, 2002, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

Neither was I!!
Oh wait yeah I was... Just too poor to pay for it.
Old Jun 26, 2002, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by ez4me2c3d
To all moderators:

can't you just PM the person then delete their thread. There are so many of these newbies who come here and they want to know what mods they can get when they have like 3 miles on the ODO and haven't even done a search on the web or on the forum. maybe it's just me, but thats just IMO. i know Paul has to be tired of these, he seems to be the first to reply to all threads of the sort.
How'd you guess!

Oooh...I was wrong...schnutz...oh wells..

Last edited by pjal84; Jun 26, 2002 at 11:51 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2002, 02:36 PM

I forgot about that function! sorry

Honestly now...try running a search for parts and anything you might be looking for. Try for say, 10 minutes, and if you don't find anything then maybe someone will be inclined to answer your post...hint...look down...
My bad, u prob get this question asked like 10x a day and its gettin pretty annoying now. I forgot bout search. Anyways, I found out what I needed to know. First few things Imma get are springs, exhaust,intake and a carbon fiber dash kit on ebay. Thanks for all u guys help
Old Jun 26, 2002, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

lay off the newbies.
when you first come to this site you dont immediately notice all the functions like search. i didnt notice search and other things till weeks in.

and whoever wrote they get angry cause there are so many newbies who come in asking the question what can i do to my car. why even look into that thread. if it annoys you so much why open threads with the title "i just bourght a ..." or "what can i do to my standard lancer..".
cause its obvious whats in there.

if its the moderators and page designers who get frustrated at this question why not make a page describing the costs, what to buy and where to get products from to modify lancers. and advertise the link well. because its just soo annoying reading the same question over and over again, even though it takes just 10 seconds of your day to read it.
Old Jun 26, 2002, 09:23 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

It does get annoying when they're questions that pretty much anyone would ask. I just wish people wouldn't assume they were the first person to think of questions like those. Nothing meant about you, Sam. I'm just speaking generally. It gets annoying, but it's not like the questions deserve any less of an answer...it's just easier to link or ask someone to do a search than have 10 identical threads.
Old Jun 27, 2002, 03:59 AM

Leather moons? ahhhhh

I picked up mine at Potamkin in Manhattan. Maybe Mitsu. dealers got something against us NorthEasterner. Why must we work for our coolness!?!?
Old Jul 7, 2002, 12:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you have questions about your new Lancer call us or check out the website we have. Happy to answer some questions for you even if you don't buy anything so don't worry. Call us.

ROAD/RACE
http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/
Old Jul 7, 2002, 01:04 PM

its cool sam, don't worry about it, hobie and pjal just like to keep things organized, and i can understand, but they don't realize that when most people first visit the site, they don't know their way around it. I don't think that newbies think they're the only ones that have that question, they just don't know where to look. And don't feel bad because i still don't how half this site works. Congrats on your lancer