Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New evo owner with question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2011, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New evo owner with question

Hey just got my first evo, 04 rs. Love it. Also have a 97 eclipse gsx, a 96 awd spyder(i built last winter), and four galant vr4's. Was tired of working on the galants so much so have decided to sell them and moved to the evo. Now here's my question. The car currently only hits 11psi under full boost. Checked under the hood and the p.o. had connected the vac line off the turbo straight to the wastegate actuator with a t-fitting in the middle, though nothing was hooked to the middle opening on the t-fitting, just capped. There is a solenoid with vac ports that as disconnected under the intake filter, no vac lines and wiring disconnected. Hooked the vac lines and wiring back up to the soleniod and no change. Anyone seen this before? Just want to run stock boost. Thanks for any help in advance!
Old Sep 18, 2011, 07:34 PM

I havent, dont know what is going on with that... If the turbo and everything is stock I would pull up the diagram and re route everything back to being stock, and before pushing it I would check everything out just to make sure the previous owner didnt screw with anything else
Old Sep 20, 2011, 04:04 PM

Thanks! Figured out i didnt have the factory vac line one it so it wouldn't hit full boost. Mbc installed and problem fixed, thanks to Luke Stubbs at beyond redline!
Old Sep 21, 2011, 06:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4wheelsqueal
Thanks! Figured out i didnt have the factory vac line one it so it wouldn't hit full boost. Mbc installed and problem fixed, thanks to Luke Stubbs at beyond redline!
thats what i was going to suggest
Old Sep 21, 2011, 08:36 AM

While your at it. Check and double check all your vacum lines and clamps to make sure their not cracked and are tight.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 04:11 AM

Will do. Thanks!