Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Hello

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2011, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello

I joined the forums here awhile back during my search for an evo. I learned from reading and some help what to look for, etc. Long story short, I bought an '04 BBY, mostly stock that needs a little help. It's in good condition with 65,500 miles on it. Current mods are 280 cams with gears, Exedy clutch and lightweight flywheel, turboback HKS carbon-ti exhaust and a terrible tune.

I've got a new intercooler (24x12x3.5) with piping, evo VIII turbo with 10.5 hotside, megan racing ported o2 housing and tubular manifold, AEM intake, Gates kevlar timing belt, Cosworth head studs, AEM A/F gauge, Forge diverter valve, extra wing with perfect clearcoat (missing one inner panel), FIC 750cc injectors, copper exhaust manifold gasket, Hawk brake pads, and a Walbro 255lph fuel pump all waiting to be installed and the car retuned.

Things I need to fix are a broken tail light, lack of front lip and the tune. I have PM'd a couple guys for a lip and tails today, so hopefully that works out and I can begin fixing this beauty back to her glory days.

I'm planning on doing an oil change this week and installing the new parts this weekend, so I can actually get the car inspected (it has a really bad manifold leak and blows some blue smoke under boost). I'm praying the turbo and manifold fix this issue. Any advice or experience would be cool. I'm browsing the forums right now to try to figure it out.

So, hello EvoM! I'm Kevin and I look forward to reading, learning, fixing, maintaining and modding my evo.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 12:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome!

Wish you luck with your build

-Andrew