Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Lancer Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2002, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lancer Turbo Kit

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I am new to the Mitsubishi world. I'm getting a Lancer and I want to turbocharge it as soon as I drive it home. Who makes turbo kits for the new Lancers? I want at least stage 2 or 3. Also, what are some nice websites I can check out that has nice body kits and also power upgrades for the Lancer. Sorry, but I'm new, so I need some direction.

Also, does anyone on here have a turbocharged Lancer? Someone has to. If you have one and read this, post some 1//4 mile times for me. thanks.

Help me out guys, I would relaly appreciate it!
Old Jul 18, 2002, 12:04 AM
Evolving Member

www.roadracemotorsports.com

They installed a turbo kit on my car and its great. alot of power and runs good. Soon they are coming out with a turbo kit, and if I were you I would get it. Go here to check out another thread I started with pics of my car, which will soon be updated:
http://www.lancerforums.com/forums/t4417.html
Old Jul 18, 2002, 12:17 AM
Evolved Member

This thread reminds me of...this...

http://www.lancerforums.com/forums/s...ighlight=stage

And here's my response, yet again.

Tell you what, buy a big nasty Garrett T61 and use that on the Lancer. Oh yeah, make sure you get fully forged internals, lower compression pistons, strengthen the cylinder sleeves, machined valves, stronger pistons, and be prepared to spend more than the Lancer itself is worth.
You'd be better off just getting a mild turbo setup a la Road Race. Stage 3 you'd be running a freakin' welded differential on those front wheels and you'd barely be streetable if even.

Do you guys even know what kind of work is required for anything above stage 0? Me thinks Travis plays to much GT. Get RoadRace's kit when it comes out and be happy.
Old Jul 18, 2002, 12:29 AM
Evolved Member

i want a stage 5 kit with 2 bottles
Old Jul 18, 2002, 02:57 AM

Do you guys even know what kind of work is required for anything above stage 0? Me thinks Travis plays to much GT. Get RoadRace's kit when it comes out and be happy.
Me thinks your an A$$hole. I do know what's required. I have a stage 3 SR20DET right now in my 240sx. You probably dont even know what that is anyway, so why did I bother to say that. And oh yeah, no internal engine work.

So really, it doesnt take much other than the kit to run a stage 3. More boost = More fuel. It's not that complicated. Maybe you should get your facts straight before you go off on a ridiculous rant. Do you even have a turbo car? And by the way, stage 3 is FULLY streetable. If stage 3 on my RWD car is streetable, why would an AWD not be? Thanks for the pointless response to my question you A$$.

Thanks, in all seriousness to Boni. At least you answered me with an intelligent and helpfull response. thanks. peace.
Old Jul 18, 2002, 03:03 AM

Boni,
i see ur original post said u are running 5.5 psi, that is really low. are you running a higher boost level yet? also, what type of quarter miles have you turned out, if any, and at what boost? thanks man.
Old Jul 18, 2002, 03:14 AM
Evolved Member

Stages aren't universal...One company's stage 3 kit isn't equivalent to another company's kit for a different car.

It only runs 5.5 because the weak 4g94 can't hold much more boost reliablely with the stock internals. Boni is afraid to race his car, because he'll be disappointed at how slow it really is
Old Jul 18, 2002, 03:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by travis3265

Me thinks your an A$$hole. I do know what's required. I have a stage 3 SR20DET right now in my 240sx. You probably dont even know what that is anyway, so why did I bother to say that. And oh yeah, no internal engine work.

So really, it doesnt take much other than the kit to run a stage 3. More boost = More fuel. It's not that complicated. Maybe you should get your facts straight before you go off on a ridiculous rant. Do you even have a turbo car? And by the way, stage 3 is FULLY streetable. If stage 3 on my RWD car is streetable, why would an AWD not be? Thanks for the pointless response to my question you A$$.

Thanks, in all seriousness to Boni. At least you answered me with an intelligent and helpfull response. thanks. peace.
Haha sure you know what you're talking about?
Old Jul 18, 2002, 03:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by b_tapper
It only runs 5.5 because the weak 4g94 can't hold much more boost reliablely with the stock internals. Boni is afraid to race his car, because he'll be disappointed at how slow it really is
I wouldn't say it's necessarily slow (faster than all but say...1 other Lancer and that's the other one that's getting fitted with RRM's kit) but it can't hold a high amount of boost reliably since the con rods are to long (hence that *** load of stock torque though). That and the high compression rate of the engine doesn't lend itself to high boost potential.
Old Jul 18, 2002, 03:29 AM
Evolved Member

It's quite easy to lower the compression ratio with 4 new pistons
Compared to a wrx it's slow...and I'm sure he's got close to $24k in that car
Old Jul 18, 2002, 03:33 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by travis3265
And by the way, stage 3 is FULLY streetable. If stage 3 on my RWD car is streetable, why would an AWD not be? Thanks for the pointless response to my question you A$$.
Eh...Are you getting a Lancer or an Evo? I'm going to have to assume you mean Evo because you're talking about AWD...in which case there are tons of kits and upgrades, but few from within the US as far as I've seen. Just confused as to which car you meant.

That and I wouldn't recommend talking to members , much less to one of two super mods, on the forums like that. Please take that stuff to PMs, and if you think someone's picking on you then take it to another mod if you can't resolve it off the boards.

Welcome to the forums.

Last edited by HobieKopek; Jul 18, 2002 at 03:36 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2002, 03:34 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

There's also more than one WRX. There's a lot to be said for the novelty of having one of the few tc'd USDM Lancers out there imho.
Old Jul 18, 2002, 03:35 AM
Evolved Member

Then YOU can crack open Boni's block and put in the new pistons (let alone valves and valve springs)! On the compression note, I remember the Mirage boys saying (I think) that the head, in location to the block, sit to close in this 4G94 to use a higher compression gasket for the NA crowd.

Last edited by pjal84; Jul 18, 2002 at 03:38 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2002, 03:37 AM
Evolved Member

you're missing the point Andrew
I'm trying to get him to race and post time slips of his slow car
Old Jul 18, 2002, 03:39 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

So just ask him to do it. No need to beat around the bush.

Quick Reply: Lancer Turbo Kit