Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Hello!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2004, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello!

Hello All, been reading these forums for awhile but never really took the time to register until now.

I'm planning on buying a new EVO in the next week or 2 (Been to dealership a couple times). Was wondering if anyone could give me some tips/hints on how I can bargain the price down some and what I should realistically look at as far as how much I can bargain down (first time haggling for me).

Thanks

-Viet
Old Aug 30, 2004, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Welcome...only advice I can give is don't get jacked by a dealer markup.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 03:23 PM
ccs

Suggest that first you research prices on this board...find out what other members have paid.

Typically a 2004 EVO VIII has an INVOICE of about $28,800 and a MSRP of around 30, 600. Dealer holdback (i.e. additional dealer profit) is $500-700. So dealers are making a profit of at least $2500. Some dealers will try to "upsell" you by adding incredibly expensive and profitable items such as "customer care" packages, $600 VIN window etching, etc. $300 advertising fee, etc.

A strategy that worked for me was to not answer any question from the salesman like, "what do I need to do to earn you business"...."what is your budget"...."will you be financing, etc

Rather than answer questions, I kept asking the salesman what was the minimum profit he wanted to make on the EVO.

Armed with the invoice, MSRP and holdback information, telling the dealership that the evo community has black-listed them for selling way over invoice and continually pressing for the salesman's minimum profit allowed me to get a resonable deal.

KK posted some great information on MSRP...see below. THANKS KK

I finally got the MSRP dealer listing back up on evolutionm.net. You can find it here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/models/evo/dealer_list.php

I'll eventually be adding that to the evo model section along with a spec sheet on the Evo VII (Evo VIII when it's available).

If anyone has an additional dealer they'd like to add, please email the following dealer info to me:
Dealership's name
Location (city and state)
Contact person's name (if available)
Phone number
Mark