EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-new-member-faqs-evom-rules-61/)
-   -   Mustache Bar. (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-new-member-faqs-evom-rules/287201-mustache-bar.html)

FloopyDisk Aug 3, 2007 08:18 AM

Mustache Bar.

I just got through searching, but didn't find my answer. Basically, what I was wondering is if a lightened mustache bar from AMS or Buschur would be a good idea for a daily driver and autocross? Also, which is better AMS or Buschurs?

ThinkEvo2007 Aug 3, 2007 08:41 AM

it all depends. AMS is Expensive compared to some parts from Buschur. both are good companies. if you have the money go AMS. if not go Buschur.

dudical26 Aug 3, 2007 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by ThinkEvo2007 (Post 4605516)
it all depends. AMS is Expensive compared to some parts from Buschur. both are good companies. if you have the money go AMS. if not go Buschur.

It might help to actually check out the parts before posting as in this case the AMS part is more then 25% cheaper than the Buschur part.

These parts have not been out for very long so there is not all that much info about them. I think they will both increase the amount of vibration transferred to the car which you may not want for a daily driver.

The Buschur items seems to be a replacement bar but made out of lighter material.

The AMS item removes the bar and uses a solid piece of aluminum to tie the diff to the frame of the car.

The question I have is do you need a replacement bar (like Buschur) or would a small aluminum mount (AMS) be as effective.

My initial thought is that it would be better to have the replacement bar from Buschur as it seems like it would do more to prevent the rear diff from moving.

Hopefully AMS or Buschur will reply.

FloopyDisk Aug 3, 2007 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by dudical26 (Post 4605535)
It might help to actually check out the parts before posting as in this case the AMS part is more then 25% cheaper than the Buschur part.

These parts have not been out for very long so there is not all that much info about them. I think they will both increase the amount of vibration transferred to the car which you may not want for a daily driver.

The Buschur items seems to be a replacement bar but made out of lighter material.

The AMS item removes the bar and uses a solid piece of aluminum to tie the diff to the frame of the car.

The question I have is do you need a replacement bar (like Buschur) or would a small aluminum mount (AMS) be as effective.

My initial thought is that it would be better to have the replacement bar from Buschur as it seems like it would do more to prevent the rear diff from moving.

Hopefully AMS or Buschur will reply.

Hmm, good points. I don't need a replacement, just saw them both and was curious to see if they were good for daily/autocross, but I would like to hear the responses from AMS and Buschur on that too.

konstantinosIX Jan 10, 2009 07:00 AM

Sorry for the come back of this topic but I need a quick answer bedore I order...
Delete or replace the mustache bar???
Which is the better way to go???