Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Mustache Bar.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2007, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mustache Bar.

I just got through searching, but didn't find my answer. Basically, what I was wondering is if a lightened mustache bar from AMS or Buschur would be a good idea for a daily driver and autocross? Also, which is better AMS or Buschurs?
Old Aug 3, 2007, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it all depends. AMS is Expensive compared to some parts from Buschur. both are good companies. if you have the money go AMS. if not go Buschur.
Old Aug 3, 2007, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ThinkEvo2007
it all depends. AMS is Expensive compared to some parts from Buschur. both are good companies. if you have the money go AMS. if not go Buschur.
It might help to actually check out the parts before posting as in this case the AMS part is more then 25% cheaper than the Buschur part.

These parts have not been out for very long so there is not all that much info about them. I think they will both increase the amount of vibration transferred to the car which you may not want for a daily driver.

The Buschur items seems to be a replacement bar but made out of lighter material.

The AMS item removes the bar and uses a solid piece of aluminum to tie the diff to the frame of the car.

The question I have is do you need a replacement bar (like Buschur) or would a small aluminum mount (AMS) be as effective.

My initial thought is that it would be better to have the replacement bar from Buschur as it seems like it would do more to prevent the rear diff from moving.

Hopefully AMS or Buschur will reply.

Last edited by dudical26; Aug 3, 2007 at 10:14 AM.
Old Aug 3, 2007, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dudical26
It might help to actually check out the parts before posting as in this case the AMS part is more then 25% cheaper than the Buschur part.

These parts have not been out for very long so there is not all that much info about them. I think they will both increase the amount of vibration transferred to the car which you may not want for a daily driver.

The Buschur items seems to be a replacement bar but made out of lighter material.

The AMS item removes the bar and uses a solid piece of aluminum to tie the diff to the frame of the car.

The question I have is do you need a replacement bar (like Buschur) or would a small aluminum mount (AMS) be as effective.

My initial thought is that it would be better to have the replacement bar from Buschur as it seems like it would do more to prevent the rear diff from moving.

Hopefully AMS or Buschur will reply.
Hmm, good points. I don't need a replacement, just saw them both and was curious to see if they were good for daily/autocross, but I would like to hear the responses from AMS and Buschur on that too.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 07:00 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry for the come back of this topic but I need a quick answer bedore I order...
Delete or replace the mustache bar???
Which is the better way to go???