Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Any complaints about gauge brightness?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2005, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any complaints about gauge brightness?

I love the Evo, and I'm finally getting one soon. However I've never been in one at night and I can't comment on guage brightness. I've heard people complaint hey are hard to see at night. Any merrit to this arguement and if so how bad is it?
Old Feb 22, 2005, 04:15 PM

if people would figure out where the dash dimmer is, they'd realize that the dash is fairly bright. no complaints here.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 06:13 AM
Evolving Member

I have owned my Evo for two days. (It is awesome btw) I did say to myself last night that the gauges are a little dim. I have the dimmer up as far as it will go as well. It's not bad, I don't have a problem with it anyway. I would rather have dim than bright. And a lot of other newer cars are coming way to bright if you ask me. I would not worry about it.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

Mine are actually pretty bright at night, its the day time and glare that make the black backed gauges hard to read
Old Feb 24, 2005, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

^^^I agree, the gauges are a bit dim...In fact I disassembled the gauge cluster and removed the "blue condom". The gauges are much brighter now. I like it IMO.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

^^^I agree, the gauges are a bit dim...In fact I disassembled the gauge cluster and removed the "blue condom". The gauges are much brighter now. I like it IMO.
Do you have any pics of that?
Old Feb 25, 2005, 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nine4surfah
You said blue? aren't the gauges red?