Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Beginners Read Me: New To Your Evo Or Looking For An Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 06:05 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by Slwevo
Been following a lot of threads without actually registering, so figured I might as well register and enjoy all the fun features of being a member here.

Evo 9
Still figuring out what all the previous owner did
Hey great to have you join us officially. I am a 9 owner as well.

If you have questions about certain mods on your EvO, start a thread w/pics or post up here & ill help you

Joe
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey Joe thanks I will be posting up some pics of the evo up in the next day or two, right now a little upset since i just purchased it Saturday and it shut off on me while driving home today. Now back to having to trouble shoot it was running great for about 250 miles that i had it on the road so now doing some research through the forums to see if i can find if anyone had the same issues
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lots of good info in here.
Picked up a Final Edition awihle ago and finally got around to registering here.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:33 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by S13Koop
Lots of good info in here.
Picked up a Final Edition awihle ago and finally got around to registering here.
Hey, welcome aboard & thanks for posting up. If you have any question, you let me know

Joe
Old Oct 3, 2017, 05:51 PM

Where can I find needed parts for my EVO X FE, say Oil filter OEM, and is the OEM filter recommended and I also need new tires. Can someone send me in the right direction? Thanks a bunch!
Old Oct 3, 2017, 05:55 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Michael Clennan
Where can I find needed parts for my EVO X FE, say Oil filter OEM, and is the OEM filter recommended and I also need new tires. Can someone send me in the right direction? Thanks a bunch!
Heres a good thread on the oil change process which will also help in deciding which one to go with:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...nge-evo-x.html

Search out your topics using the search feature. You can really narrow down what youre looking for

Old Nov 16, 2017, 01:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is great! thanks for sharing.

*have people had success stories with buying/selling on here via PayPal, Venmo, etc?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 02:25 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by digdeep0169
this is great! thanks for sharing.

*have people had success stories with buying/selling on here via PayPal, Venmo, etc?
Our FS forum has been active for many, many years w/1000's of successful transactions.

When it comes to car pricing, not exactly sure how the monies are exchanged. On parts sales, for sure Paypal is the preferred method
Old Nov 25, 2017, 07:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just now saw this thread, and im not sure why I didn't read it earlier. This is so helpful for anyone starting out.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 07:08 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by AustEvo
I just now saw this thread, and im not sure why I didn't read it earlier. This is so helpful for anyone starting out.
Thanks for your review
Old May 27, 2018, 02:24 AM

So i am an absolute diesel enthusiast. But my world is farrrr from this one. Im looking for an unmolested 06 evo IX likely build the car to push its limits. I have seen many people say you can make 600 whp all day with this car. So am i building for 800 whp and detuning for this result? And someone give me a rough idea on how much it will cost to build one of these cars that far. Comparatively to my world. Its dirt cheap to build these cars but i would still like a reasonably accurate idea on how much it will really cost to do this. $ isnt an issue. I just wanna try a different industry and have some fun with it. Will always have my diesel but i want reliable 600whp evo if i can get it. And what companies are good for parts on these cars. Obviously if im gonna spend this kind of money on a car after purchased. I dont wanna buy anything twice.
Old May 27, 2018, 05:04 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Thanks for posting up. A clean 06 EvO will cost approx 22K & up. Cost to re-build an engine & valvetrain is approx 10K. You will want to consider re-building the other drive train components as well (front differential, trans & rear diff) Add another 5K-7K for that work

Old May 27, 2018, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Thanks for posting up. A clean 06 EvO will cost approx 22K & up. Cost to re-build an engine & valvetrain is approx 10K. You will want to consider re-building the other drive train components as well (front differential, trans & rear diff) Add another 5K-7K for that work

thank you for this information. This industry is so cheap. Good lord.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 01:49 PM

08 evo mr

Hello y'all new to this. My name is Josh and I just got an 08 evo Mr. Just seeing what's out there and thoughts and inputs on the MR
Old Oct 1, 2018, 04:02 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Joshua Sartin
Hello y'all new to this. My name is Josh and I just got an 08 evo Mr. Just seeing what's out there and thoughts and inputs on the MR
Hello Josh

Welcome aboard. Im a 9 owner so no expert on the X. But, The MR is the top model!!!

Post up a pic

Joe

Quick Reply: Beginners Read Me: New To Your Evo Or Looking For An Evo?