Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Beginners Read Me: New To Your Evo Or Looking For An Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2018, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo Mr

Thank you I got this car has 3k miles on it and all these aftermarket parts that I got with it almost 80k in stuff just have to put the car back together.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 08:52 PM

Hello all.

Hello all! I have been a long time lover of evo and have followed this forum for some time now. I am posting now as I am looking through the sites classified to purchase an evo. Hopefully all goes well and I can join this community with a evo of my own. Thanks.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 04:00 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by NYHCRR2590
Hello all! I have been a long time lover of evo and have followed this forum for some time now. I am posting now as I am looking through the sites classified to purchase an evo. Hopefully all goes well and I can join this community with a evo of my own. Thanks.
Hi!

They are out there, good luck with your search!

Bob
Old Dec 17, 2019, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Trail Slide
im buying a downpipe and test pipe first, then a catback ...

why? because the catback is expensive, and if i look long enough the one i want will pop up used for a good deal

would it be worth it to JUST get a catback? in my opinion, no ... i rather spend it on a just a tune if that were the case ... better $$$ to power ratio that way

depends where you live, if you’re from mass like me you can’t get a sticker unless you have a cat
Old Dec 17, 2019, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by BuiltEvoftw
So i am an absolute diesel enthusiast. But my world is farrrr from this one. Im looking for an unmolested 06 evo IX likely build the car to push its limits. I have seen many people say you can make 600 whp all day with this car. So am i building for 800 whp and detuning for this result? And someone give me a rough idea on how much it will cost to build one of these cars that far. Comparatively to my world. Its dirt cheap to build these cars but i would still like a reasonably accurate idea on how much it will really cost to do this. $ isnt an issue. I just wanna try a different industry and have some fun with it. Will always have my diesel but i want reliable 600whp evo if i can get it. And what companies are good for parts on these cars. Obviously if im gonna spend this kind of money on a car after purchased. I dont wanna buy anything twice.
yeah if you wanna push those numbers you’re going to need to do a whole new turbo, fuel and probably the head. With tuning that’s going to run you upwards of 10k plus the cost of the car which like they said is upwards of 22k for one worth buying
Old Jan 31, 2020, 10:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great info

Thank you so much for all the time you put into that
Old Jan 31, 2020, 10:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What evo holds their value

Im about to purchase my first evo im leaning hard on an IX mr. Any opinions
Old Feb 1, 2020, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Nicholas Landis
Im about to purchase my first evo im leaning hard on an IX mr. Any opinions
Yes, the 9MR 2006 should have higher collectible value eventhough all 9 actually are holding value well. If can get 8MR is also good to buy.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 05:28 AM

yeah this is a great thread thank you!
Old Mar 17, 2020, 06:10 AM
Account Disabled

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Very nice thread. Informative and helpful to me, im thinking of buying one.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 08:02 AM

My dad has an old 02 Rally OZ I want to bring back to life. I want to do the full widebody and meaty tires but I don't want to buy a 3k widebody if its not going to fit.

Here is the link to the kit I want Mitsubishi Evolution widebody kit by Clinched - fits Evo7, Evo8, Evo9

Would I be able to slap it right on since the evo 7 and lancer are the same body? Granted I'd need to convert the hood and bumper, but other than that, will I be ok?
Old Apr 19, 2020, 09:13 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by nar dog
My dad has an old 02 Rally OZ I want to bring back to life. I want to do the full widebody and meaty tires but I don't want to buy a 3k widebody if its not going to fit.

Here is the link to the kit I want Mitsubishi Evolution widebody kit by Clinched - fits Evo7, Evo8, Evo9

Would I be able to slap it right on since the evo 7 and lancer are the same body? Granted I'd need to convert the hood and bumper, but other than that, will I be ok?
evo 7/8/9 are all the same chassis, which is not the same as a lancer.
Old May 1, 2020, 04:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 ralliart owner, been through some hell with this vehicle due to ****ty/fraudulent mechanics. love the car plan on keeping it, so hopefully I can find the information and resources here.

Salute!
Old May 3, 2020, 11:07 AM

Hi Everyone
I am new on here & under the circumstances hope people are keeping safe & someday may be able to drive the vehicles that we enjoy.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 03:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello! I just got rid of my Focus RS and would like to join the Lancer Evolution family. More specifically, I'd like to be able to own a Lancer Evolution IX MR.

Quick Reply: Beginners Read Me: New To Your Evo Or Looking For An Evo?