Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

What made you want to buy your evo?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2009, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink What made you want to buy your evo?

Hey guys, I've been thinking lately. What got you all started on wanting an Evo? Please do not be confused, I do not mean "how did you obtain your evo?" I simply mean, what made you want one?
Old Jan 30, 2009, 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

I simply wanted to have some fun and I'm on my second evo now and still smiling ear to ear.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

I needed a street car that was more reliable than my Dsm's and more practical. I was not willing to buy a "normal" car or something that was not easily capable of 11 second blasts so an Evo was a simple choice.

Bryan
Old Jan 30, 2009, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

I thought they looked (still do) freaking awesome. And some kid told me they were fast and AWD (this was back in the early days of the 7).
Old Jan 30, 2009, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

Got tired of driving a slow a$$ scion tC and wanted something fast.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well basically i didnt want to buy a civic or integra... put alot of money into it, make it look nice, and waist so much time making it work.... so thats why i decided to get my evo cuz its a race ready racing machine and is a nice looking hottt car......evo ftw
Old Jan 30, 2009, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tsi20gawd
I needed a street car that was more reliable than my Dsm's and more practical. I was not willing to buy a "normal" car or something that was not easily capable of 11 second blasts so an Evo was a simple choice.

Bryan
I don't think I could have said it any better myself. I've gone through a lot of nice cars but have never sold my 1g. Now that I have the Evo I will be selling it to make some extra room in the driveway.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

When I began liking cars as a teenager the evo V's and VI's were some of the coolest cars (in my opinion). The closest I ever thought I'd get to driving one was gran turismo.

The evo is made to be enjoyed on the track. That appealed to me because I always drove the miata like I was on a track (hence it's death, I have chilled quite a bit since then).
Old Jan 30, 2009, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

Sport Compact Car and Gran Torismo 3. Saw this car in GT3 and thought it was cool as hell. SCC always raved about them and WRZ. I remember getting excited when they finally began to sell them in the US. I knew I couldn't afford one at 16-18 but I knew that this would be the car I wanted. I now finally have one :P I got a SRT-4. Had some fun with it but not tired of explaining to people that it was really a fast neon and the neon name didn't sound cool. Evo interior is decent(not outstanding but loads better than a GM car interior I just came from) and finding a sexy black SE one is icing
Old Jan 30, 2009, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

Needed a car that was practical, driveable in all 4 seasons(including snow and ice), easy to drive, easy to work on and maintain. Also, manual transmission and some horses under the hood were a must. An Evo was the perfect choice.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

It's my dream car, and all weather, you can go thru rain snow and handle in any condition, and really fast and sharp looking
Old Feb 6, 2009, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

It makes high school kids drool.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Blast83
Sport Compact Car and Gran Torismo 3. Saw this car in GT3 and thought it was cool as hell. SCC always raved about them and WRZ. I remember getting excited when they finally began to sell them in the US. I knew I couldn't afford one at 16-18 but I knew that this would be the car I wanted. I now finally have one :P I got a SRT-4. Had some fun with it but not tired of explaining to people that it was really a fast neon and the neon name didn't sound cool. Evo interior is decent(not outstanding but loads better than a GM car interior I just came from) and finding a sexy black SE one is icing
i'm in the same boat as you. i am in the process of parting out my 11 second neon. didnt mind calling it a neon though . i loved the shock factor i got in it. im going to miss that car, but i got tired of wheel spin up to 60 and sometimes above 60mph. i had wanted an evo since i was younger when the 8's just came out. a buddy of mine picked up an evo and i took a ride in it and fell in love. i knew it would be my next car.

i knew the evo ix was an excellent platform and was great for everything you could imagine. 1/4 mile, auto-x, extreme weather conditions. the evo did it all. and i didnt have to worry about wheel spin. i loved the styling of the evo. i am not a fan of the sti, plus i think they are overpriced. so here i am.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 10:20 PM
Evolving Member

Coming from a background of DSMs that ran low 12s-13s, I couldn't imagine not owning something 4g63-powered. I saw my first evo (on the streets) in mid-2003 and wanted one since.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 06:58 AM

I had a wrx but my car seat didn't fit very well in it so I got a Evo. Plus the Evo is way better.

Quick Reply: What made you want to buy your evo?