Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

joined evom a month ago, still dont have my evo.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2009, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
joined evom a month ago, still dont have my evo.

i thought i was getting a good deal but now i dont know. i won an auction for an evo x mr fully loaded minus the aero package w/ only 443 miles on ebay for $33k. with taxes and shipping itll come to about $37k, but the shipping company has not been returning my phone calls the last few days. the shipping was delayed a few times thanks to ups and fedex. im finally finding new mr's in this state again but they're between $44-$47k plus tax. i still haven't sold my wrx so im about to be paying on 2 cars, 1 of which i dont even have yet.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

WOW that sucks!! I hope you get in contact with them!! I paid 42K for my wifes X GSR fully loaded. you got a great deal!! You defentely need to get the AERO package for your MR though!!
Old Feb 22, 2009, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so you saying they just havent shipped it yet or you are thinking that the seller screwed you?
Old Feb 22, 2009, 09:44 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bradze
i thought i was getting a good deal but now i dont know. i won an auction for an evo x mr fully loaded minus the aero package w/ only 443 miles on ebay for $33k. with taxes and shipping itll come to about $37k, but the shipping company has not been returning my phone calls the last few days. the shipping was delayed a few times thanks to ups and fedex. im finally finding new mr's in this state again but they're between $44-$47k plus tax. i still haven't sold my wrx so im about to be paying on 2 cars, 1 of which i dont even have yet.
any ebay link? the shipping company should have details of the car if it was actually shipped. for that amount, I would rather fly and look at the car and drive it home.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

i would be freaking out!!!
Old Feb 22, 2009, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

get a evo 9 !
Old Feb 22, 2009, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

did you pay for everything in full already? thats why i'd never trust shipping any of my cars... too many nightmare stories

i hope it works out for you! keep calling them
Old Feb 22, 2009, 10:54 AM

that sucks, i get so iffy on buying stuff off ebay and pretty much anything off personal classifieds just for this reason. i hope everthing gets straightened out, gl.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

no, the dealer didn't screw me at all, its just the shipping company thats pissing me off. i spoke with them several times, last time they said car would be picked up wednesday or thursday and driver of truck would call me but i left a few messages and they haven't called me back.
and an evo 9 would be a complete waste of my time and money. i got the x mr because of the transmission, i always hated mitsubishi. going to miss my subaru with so many mods it would make an evo 8 or 9 look like a hyundai accident. id get a new sti if it came with a dsg transmission, i have good reason, with my leg and spinal problems its getting hard for me to drive a stick.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

oh yeah, why do i NEED the aero package. those side skirts stick out way too far, , i could make brake ducts for cheap, the gurney flap seems unneccessary, and those rear bumper things are tacky. the front air dam looks nice though. oh and apparently mitsu didn't do much research putting those stupid fog lights on, how "aero" is it when all those coolers are being blocked by a useless accessory?
Old Feb 26, 2009, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

it showed up on the 24th, i was so worried when i posted, but the next morning i got a call that the driver forgot to call and car was arriving the next day. pretty pissed at delivery, i signed the papers at 443 miles, and when it came had 470 miles on it. i know the dealership was excited about driving it(they sell dodges) and the truck driver took it up and down the street since i was at work. it also was completely covered with sand, the windows still sound bad when i put em down, did a regular car wash and pulled back the weatherstripping with light water pressure. well i love the car, im so glad i got a loaded one with the upgraded stereo. still dont know quite everything about it, too busy at work. just wondering how expensive it is to get the auxiliary jack put in for a zune? cant wait til sunday when i can test the suspension and power when i go autocrossing.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 08:33 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
it showed up on the 24th, i was so worried when i posted, but the next morning i got a call that the driver forgot to call and car was arriving the next day. pretty pissed at delivery, i signed the papers at 443 miles, and when it came had 470 miles on it. i know the dealership was excited about driving it(they sell dodges) and the truck driver took it up and down the street since i was at work. it also was completely covered with sand, the windows still sound bad when i put em down, did a regular car wash and pulled back the weatherstripping with light water pressure. well i love the car, im so glad i got a loaded one with the upgraded stereo. still dont know quite everything about it, too busy at work. just wondering how expensive it is to get the auxiliary jack put in for a zune? cant wait til sunday when i can test the suspension and power when i go autocrossing.
post pics!
Old Feb 27, 2009, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

i always hated mitsubishi. going to miss my subaru with so many mods it would make an evo 8 or 9 look like a hyundai accident.
dude youre still bragging about your 03 "STi"??? shut up... your wrx is slow as *****!!! first of all, your tranny is garbage over 280whp (02-03 wrxs have the weakest trannys ever built) and your pistons rings would probably pop over 330whp.
why did you even buy an evo if youre so convinced that your WRX is so much faster than any evo??????
just admit it, your wrx is slow and it sucks. thats why i bought one. youre not fooling anyone, pretending your wrx is an sti and that its the fastest car in the world.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 04:47 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 2plaz
dude youre still bragging about your 03 "STi"??? shut up... your wrx is slow as *****!!! first of all, your tranny is garbage over 280whp (02-03 wrxs have the weakest trannys ever built) and your pistons rings would probably pop over 330whp.
why did you even buy an evo if youre so convinced that your WRX is so much faster than any evo??????
just admit it, your wrx is slow and it sucks. thats why i bought one. youre not fooling anyone, pretending your wrx is an sti and that its the fastest car in the world.

hahaha.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ak47po
I think this guys whole story about buying an Evo is a big scam and just jerking every one's chain. Don't feed the troll.
im pretty sure hes a troll.
i know if i had an 03 "STi" that put evos to shame i wouldnt have bought one.

Quick Reply: joined evom a month ago, still dont have my evo.