Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Just got some used KW V3, need some help.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2009, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got some used KW V3, need some help.

ok guys, i just got a set of used Kw V3. 3000 miles.

one thing that i cant figure out, and i have been searching and searching on threads to learn about suspension.. my ques is, the original owner switched the front springs to the back, and back to front.. whats the 'benefit' of that (if there is any)?

I want to send them out to a pro that can help me get them dialed in and ready for track time. so far i have PMed andrew at GT wirx to see if they can hook me up with the 'spicy' setting

another thing, they came with a rusted camber plates, that i took off and cleaned and put up for sale. I got my eyes on the whiteline Max C, and found a good thread that discussed.
Question is, what do you KW V3ers use for camber plates.

some pics

thanks in advance
Old Nov 2, 2009, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
he switched the springs so that the rear would be stiffer and the front less stiff, assuming it was something like 8/6 f/r respectively (most likely its softer 3xx/2xx lb). it changes the handling of the car and weight transfer. the "spicy" spring rates is for race apps and has a better handling feel, i pmed gtworx about it, its their better setup over the stock.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have the same set up on mine. this is the first time i herd of the switching the springs.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Switching the springs makes the rear end stiffer.