Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

How many members still have the 1st yr production model (2008) ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2012, 01:44 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I've had two 2008 GSR's, no problems with either. 27k on one, 50k on this one.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 05:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 GSR driven hard, look at sig for mods, 27k mi, no major problems except for wiring issues the dealer not being very cool with warranty, and lots of tires. I think I am on my 4th set.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 06:33 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts
30k, 3rd set of tires. Brake pads will happen soon. BBX Lite, stock clutch and CMC, baby. Razorlab tuned. Flawless other than slightly notchy second gear in winter until warmed up. Best car I've ever owned.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Noize
30k, 3rd set of tires. Brake pads will happen soon. BBX Lite, stock clutch and CMC, baby. Razorlab tuned. Flawless other than slightly notchy second gear in winter until warmed up. Best car I've ever owned.
you came a long way since we first discussed the X

I am happy you like it . I love it too. Give me much less problems then any other evo before, BUT it is much harder to make it a rally car...
Actulally is not funny. really really much harder.
But a same token i blame the US market since they do not have the RS version, which would be just as easy to turn into a rally car then any other evo before.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just hit 36k miles, working on my first tune with bolt ons. Running really strong.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 08:00 PM

33k, no mods except RPF1's. Replaced transfer case at $4500 (under warranty). A few problems here and there. Notchy, grinding pos transmission. But yeah, "Is this a machine."
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

I have an 08 GSR SSS with 37k miles and love it.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:40 AM

'08 MR w/45K, just had the ACD pump fail

OP is in south cali so this shouldn't be a problem unless purchasing a car from the north, then roll the dice.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:15 PM

52000+ miles. 2nd owner and my second evo, Dynoed at 350/360. Drive it everyday and love every minute of it. I've had it since 36k and on my 2nd set of tires. Stock clutch too. No issues. Just installed back the OEM exhaust (had magnaflow before which quiet by any standard) and the car Is a much better dd. No vibration issues.totally smooth. I must
be getting old.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

I'm at about 48,000 miles on my 2008 GSR.

Normal routine maintenance like fluids. No issues.. just some slight oil residue near the driver side of the oil pan where some has crept out, probably under hard driving conditions. Still on the factory clutch surprisingly. It holds good with no slips, but sometimes taking off I get slight chatter when it's below freezing outside. Timing chain is still in spec.

The most major thing I had to do was change out my brake pads. I did them myself (easiest pad change evarrrr), installing the Race Brake street pads.

Mods I have are:
ETS Air Intake
ETS Upper Intercooler Piping
Ultimate Racing 3'' Turbo-back Exhaust (no cat/mufflers)
Swift Springs
Race Brake street pads
Rexpeed CF Front Cooling Ducts
Rexpeed CF Hood Scoop
Pioneer AVIC F700BT w/ 100GB HDD + XM + Backup Camera + Droid Connect
Rally Armor Mudflaps
Carbing Aluminum Undertray
20% Llumar Window Tint
Mitsubishi OEM Ralliart Taillights
6000k HID main lights + Nokya brights
18x9.5'' Rota Grid in Gold w/ Hankook Ventus Evo V12 265/35/R18 [SUMMER]
OEM Enkei Rims w/ Dunlop Winter Sport 3D 235/40/R18 [WINTER]

Last year someone cut me off on a day we had about 1ft of snow, and I went through someone's front yard and their 6ft snow drift that they had piled up next to their driveway. I had to replace the OEM plastic undertray after that.. lol. I felt like a rally driver plowing through snow that was deeper than my roof.

Anyhow, the car runs great and I love every minute of driving it as my daily driver. Once you go turbo AWD, you'll never go back.

Last edited by wiretap; Mar 16, 2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

2008 RR GSR with 22K on it. I have haven't had an issues with it so far. Although lately I have noticed some plastic rattling noise in the back somewhere. But honestly what Evo doesn't rattle.

Izzy
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:15 PM

G,day people,
I have a 2008 gsr with 58000km and modded.
Just had my clutch and fly wheel replaced a month ago, looks like now its about the time to replace the timing chain as well.

Stop to unload the car one day started it up again to put back in the garage and "bing" the triangle of death light came on, I checked the manual and sure enough its says "timing chain may be worn" and thats how I came across this post, thought I was alone.

There was no signs that something was wrong with the car it drives normally. Could it be just a warning to get it look at and not an actual fault cause my 60,000km service is due soon as well?

Just to be safe I booked it in this Friday earliest they can do.
Will it be ok to drive "softly" till then?
Old Jun 27, 2012, 01:10 AM

Original owner, 2008 GSR, 31,000 miles modded ever since I got it ( mods in sig )

stock clutch went out around 9k ( too much launching and learning manual) replaced with a Exedy Twin HD

Replaced CMC with a ssp version something after 3 of those failing switched to the AMS evo 9 mc replacement ( np with this one )

brake pads replaced around 15k ( ferrodo 2500)

first set of tires replaced at 8k ( could have got a little longer out of them but bad alignment from factory didn't help )
second set of tires NT05 got about 6k out of them, hated them in the rain
third set of tires Star specs. have about 15k on them so far and they still look brand new.

Have not checked timing chain yet but no lights, also never had any diff pin failures but when I do the clutch again I will send it away to jacks just to be safe.

Had rear diff go out due to me having some shop do my preventive maintenance, they drained it but didn't put fluid back in ( but thats a whole another story on its own )

stock seats replaced due to staple issue but it has already came back (*shrugs*)

hood latch failed the day after I read about the recall, fixed at dealer.

Also had fuel line recall done at the dealer at the same time just to be safe.

Been running Methanol as well for 3+ years, Aem kit

Other than that I love this car and drive her the way she is meant to be driven every day.

I'm crazy about the maintenance. replace oil every 2500, spark plugs every 10k, tranny fluids and coolant every 15k. Running all Amsoil ( dominator oil ) and Redline products (mt-85, heavy shock proof).
Old Jun 27, 2012, 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

30k running full exhaust, aem intake, cobb ap stage2 flash. I drive it spiritedly, so far no issues.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Margaretm
hi
Whats up with the "hi's"? You just trying to get the needed post amount to sell something?

Quick Reply: How many members still have the 1st yr production model (2008) ?