Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

A Million Little Fibers (Introduction)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2015, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Million Little Fibers (Introduction)

Not an Evo driver! (Also not a wannabe Evo driver LOL)

A little about me, I'm 20 and new to the car scene (working almost a year as a Parts Tech). My 2003 OZ Rally is my first Lancer and also my first car that is not a Dodge Neon (LOL). I live in Alberta, Canada and I fell in love with this car as soon as I test drove it.

I love the look of the car, and it's reliability so far. I had to do pads/rotors, tires, and a good cleaning when I got it. But it's running well for now (minus a cam seal leak which I plan to fix this summer, and some suspension work).

I don't plan to do much in terms of performance modifications, I just want to get from A to B in a well maintained good looking car. Going fast just gets me speeding tickets. That being said, I plan to remove all scratches from previous owner, a little rust removal, do some paint work, as well as some interior modifications.

It's only got 164k KM on it (around 100k Miles) so I would say it's pretty low for the year. Running the stock drivetrain, manual transmission, with the only addition being a K&N Typhoon intake. Inside it's got 2 cheap 10" subs, an alpine amp, and all stock speakers were replaced with Alpines, with a Kenwood deck.

Check out my Show and Shine thread for a pic. More coming as soon as I clean detail it again this spring!

P.S. Love the forum so far! Lot's of friendly people!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 03:32 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Hi and welcome!

Thank you for the introduction and please post a few pics when you have time!

Bob
Old Mar 31, 2015, 03:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Take good care of it and it should take care of you. 100k miles is a lot of running, make sure all the parts are proper and check everything, especially the drivetrain. Hoses and such can deteriorate over time, my first car was a cheap Chevy Aveo and at 80k miles the radiator hose decided to snap because it got too stiff and couldn't handle the pressure and spewed coolant all over the engine. Thankfully it happened AFTER I turned off the engine from driving it, I got out and heard a pop then saw steam.