Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Evo MR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2017, 08:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Evo MR

Hey,

I’m looking to get my first Evo and was looking at an Evo MR. It’s a 2014 Black MR with under 18k miles for around $29k. The car looks stock. My two questions are, does this price seem a little too good or am I overthinking it? Is it possible the car was tracked and modded and then returned to stock? How could I tell if it was? Sorry, there isn’t much I know about mods and tuners but looking to join the community. Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2017, 08:38 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Thanks for joining EvOM & posting up

Im a 9 owner, but an X at 29K w/only 18K miles sounds OK to me.

If you are that interested, I would pay to have a mechanical inspection done by a shop familiar w/EVOs

The car should be put on the rack & checked thoroughly. Check the rear fenders for lip rolling or any damage. There will always be tell tales signs in the engine compartment & in the exhaust area of aftermarket components that were removed

If you have the on-line link of the car, post it up so we can see the noted details

Joe
The following users liked this post:
Obiwunkunobi (Oct 14, 2017)
Old Oct 14, 2017, 09:15 AM

Thanks for replying!

I'll definitely make sure to take the car to a mechanic and have it checked out.

This is the link to the car: http://www.m2autogroup.com/2014_Mits..._269573585.veh
The dealership doesn't have great reviews and the carfax says the car was sold at auction. Probably two things I should be concerned about, right? Thanks again!

-Sam
MinusPrevious (Oct 14, 2017)
Old Oct 14, 2017, 09:34 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Wow Sam, it actually looks really good. Looks totally stock. Engine bay looks very clean & stock

Interior looks new!

Not familiar w/the 6 speed auto trans but if that meets your needs, have the car inspected from underneath

Keep us posted

Joe
Obiwunkunobi (Oct 14, 2017)
Old Oct 14, 2017, 09:43 AM

I'm hoping those aren't stock photos but I guess I'll find out soon. Thanks. I'll definitely update this if I move on it.
MinusPrevious (Oct 14, 2017)