Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New to Evo's

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2018, 07:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New to Evo's

After leaving the Honda world I entered the Mazda speed world. Had a 600awhp speed 6 but it died after 9 years. Just bought a Evo 9 and have a ton of questions. I have searched and searched but some answers to my questions I couldn't find spawning this post.

1. Best down pipe that's not loud and has no drone. I commute on the highway everyday and really don't want that 3k rpm drown i had in my Mazda.

2. What maintenance issues did people run into? This one has 123k on the clock already did a compression test and its great. Did all of my preventive maintenance including timing belt water pump and gaskets.

3. What kind of issues should I expect after modding? My goal is a 350-375 whp daily driver on e85 (here in Washington state i can get it right on post) parts list im considering,

HKS Hi Power catback
MAP OEM fit DP
MAP high flow cat (NY Tags)
STM intake
Muse up/lower IC pipes tial flanged
Tail qr bov
Grimspeed EBC
Compitition 2600 Clutch and flywheel

Still looking over suspension mods but wanted to get power adders 1st since its tax time. Ill get tuned at English racing once I install everything.

Any help you guys could give to me would be greatly apreciated
The following users liked this post:
MinusPrevious (Feb 24, 2018)
Old Feb 24, 2018, 07:29 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Welcome aboard & thanks for joining us on the EvOM boards

1. Down pipe really doesnt have a big effect on the drone issue. Its what you do after that. If you CAT delete, expect more noise. If after the CAT, there is no resonator, expect more noise. The rear muffler has a lot to do w/the final sound

2. Make sure you download the maintenance manual. You may be able to download here: http://evoscan.com/vehicle-manuals. Make sure the timing & balance shaft belts are done!

3. Because you have the 9, you should have no problem getting to the 380+ WHP on E85. You will need larger injectors & a fuel pump & a few other minor bits (1000cc min & 255 Walbro)

Most of this info is on the forum, so search around & hang out w/the guys. We are here daily, trading, sharing & commenting

Great to have you

Joe
The following users liked this post:
bishop9d4 (Feb 24, 2018)
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great starting point for sure. you should hit your power goals with no problem. since you are in Washington go check out english racing.