Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Time for an Evolution

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2018, 04:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Take your time, keep saving and keep looking, dont settle for anything less then an 8 or 9 and youll be happy in the end
Old Mar 17, 2018, 06:16 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I honestly think you should check out the CL Vegas Evo... Not sure how anyone can tell its a bad egg from those pictures, just hope the description isn't a complete lie. If you can get him down to 8-9k cash and it truly drives like the description, you have another 3k to get it in better shape. Don't settle for an X if that's not what you want, if it is a "forever" car then you won't be happy with anything but an 8 or 9. Def don't settle for a Ralliart! Just my 2 cents...
Old Mar 19, 2018, 07:46 AM

Thanks for the kind words... Sorry this is turning into a should I buy?? thread. But I found another one..The exact color I want etc.. But needs a transfer case. https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sg...532375812.html Transfer case should be like 2 grand right? I just cant cant test drive it for other issues is all that scares me. Opinion?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 08:04 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Ive never bought a car like this (not running & requiring rework). Im not against it but there are unknowns as you have noted. How confident is the seller that the TC is not working? Is there a good TC core in the car? Is the trans OK?

Rebuilds can be done by Jacks Trans or TRE. Prices start at $1K & go up. If the car can be put on a lift & inspected & the engine is sound, Maybe an offer of $8K & I might be interested
Old Apr 2, 2018, 08:00 AM

Alright everyone.. Hunt is strong. I now have 13k to spend. I have found many, but they sell asap!
Old Apr 2, 2018, 08:34 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by ign 5
Alright everyone.. Hunt is strong. I now have 13k to spend. I have found many, but they sell asap!
Excellent. Great to hear your EvO project is still alive. Keep searching & be choosy

Keep us posted!
Old Apr 2, 2018, 08:35 AM

Thanks. Really wanting a 9 just because of the seats... looking around, is that the only difference in interior? Just the seats? or are the door cards different also etc?
Old Apr 2, 2018, 09:37 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Steering wheel is the same but not anodized like the 9. Not sure about the door cards. I have an RS 9 w/the Tupperware door cards
The big diff are w/the engine & drivetrain
Old Apr 2, 2018, 12:58 PM

Found another one... it is a steal if it is an easy fix. here is the link https://rmn.craigslist.org/cto/d/200...546963623.html he said Has some electrical gremlins... High beams working but lows are not. Had a short in the chassis harness and have mostly resolved but it could use some attention.The problem is a common one for evos... shorted out from moisture at the chassis harness. Had to hardwire and headlamps (as well as horn) are not currently functioning. Have not had time to dig deeper into this. So, I am starting to look into it, and I am not really seeing anything. being this far away, I would have to ship it, so I cannot look at it myself. Opinions?
Old Apr 2, 2018, 01:11 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

The one issue that I dont like is the 210K miles driven in MN. He noted there is a cancer spot above the gas door. I would hate to think what the under carriage looks like?

Would not recommend buying sight unseen
Old Apr 10, 2018, 04:00 PM

Purchase made everyone!! It got picked up on a shipping truck, and will be here tomorrow. Deciding it I should make a build thread or just keep this one going?

While searching I decided I no longer wanted a evo 8...well I just really did not want to blue seats...and I ended up getting an evo 8 haha but an ssl.
2005 Red SSL
94k miles
Evo 9 turbo (10k miles old)
Evo 9 Tranmission (rebuilt before installing 10k miles ago)
South Bend stage 2 clutch
walbro 255
t belt etc also done 10k miles ago
Carbon fiber hood (unpainted)

That is stuff he told me, I also noticed exhaust, upper intercooler pipe, hkq vented bov,

Selling it because he lost his license for 2 years, and it has sat for almost a year so far in California.
Bads? paint faded, wing faded, needs battery, needs rear bumper, sunroof off track.

It was supposed to be delivered today, but I called driver, he said tomorrow. Oh well! Good pictures coming.

Old Apr 10, 2018, 04:24 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Wow, you really did it

Congrats for sure & hope you turn it into a project that youll enjoy

If the MAF is still installed (& from what I can see, it looks like it may be there.), We may want to get rid of the VTA blow off & revert to a EvO9 valve.

Youve officially joined a very expensive club here
Old Apr 10, 2018, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
If the MAF is still installed (& from what I can see, it looks like it may be there.), We may want to get rid of the VTA blow off & revert to a EvO9 valve.
That is why I mentioned it. It is hard to tell from pictures, worried it might be welded on, so we will see. I also have a turbo XS knock off sitting at home that I can use to recirculate also. Thanks! Hopefully it is not a pos! Get that sunroof back on track, and order a JDM rear bumper. Has bumper damage.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 04:59 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Yeah, youve got some work to do!
Old Apr 17, 2018, 06:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
hey bud

nice purchase, welcome to the money pit club, if you need any help or advise feel free to message me
i would change all the fluids in the car and if you not due yet , timing belt on your to do list, bumper is not to hard to come by, you have small things to do to make it your own

Quick Reply: Time for an Evolution