Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Hello new guy just an introduction

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2018, 06:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello new guy just an introduction

Hey guys, I'm chris I'm 31 years old and have ran a company for the past 12 years called Icon Offroad Inc. We specialized in offroad jeep fabrication suspension and general accessories. However we have been known for our fab skills roll cages and off the wall jeeps suspension creations. I recently closed the shop unfortunately about a month ago, I have to have back surgery shortly and honestly started getting tired of the day to day bull**** you encounter in the jeep community. There were a lot of good guys and gals but mainly some of these people knew "everything" had ****ty attitudes and honestly big dreams and not very deep pockets so I've been screwed several times on some high dollar builds that in the end, the customer couldn't pay for. Enough about that. I currently do not own an evo but I'm hoping I can find one that meets my criteria soon. I'm here to learn about these cars because they have always been one of my dream cars. Believe it or not before the jeep buisness my first ride was a 98 mitsubishi eclipse gsx, and man, do I miss that car. Back then I was 18 years old and only knew how to blow the damn thing up. (4 times) it was modded but not very much, only as much as my 18 year old wallet could afford yet I still day dream about that car regularly. Anyway I'm currently looking for a unmolested evo 9. Red silver or black I dont care but since I'm out of work right now I dont have alot of money to spend on one just yet. What I do have is a few pieces of fab equipment I'm trying to part ways with maybe even possibly trade for one of these cars. So now that I've told you my intent I'll share some photos of my person vehicle I currently have just so you guys know I'm not full of crap. And if you have any questions feel free to PM me and ask away. Thanks and its cook to be here
The following users liked this post:
MinusPrevious (Nov 10, 2018)
Old Nov 10, 2018, 06:34 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hey Chris, Welcome

Youre a prior DSM'r.

Hope you can get into an 8 or 9. (im a 9 RS owner BTW)

Yeah, post up some pics (just click in the image tab (we have our own hosting site)

Any questions, let me know

Joe
Old Nov 11, 2018, 08:41 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
Welcome, good luck with your search, and just so you know: you will find a lot of "know it alls" in this community also. However, the good outweighs the bad and there are more helpers than haters. If not for a a few people on this board, who knows where I'd be today... maybe no longer in an Evo. Who knows?

Post up when you find your new project!
Old Nov 12, 2018, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Icon1
Hey guys, I'm chris I'm 31 years old and have ran a company for the past 12 years called Icon Offroad Inc. We specialized in offroad jeep fabrication suspension and general accessories. However we have been known for our fab skills roll cages and off the wall jeeps suspension creations. I recently closed the shop unfortunately about a month ago, I have to have back surgery shortly and honestly started getting tired of the day to day bull**** you encounter in the jeep community. There were a lot of good guys and gals but mainly some of these people knew "everything" had ****ty attitudes and honestly big dreams and not very deep pockets so I've been screwed several times on some high dollar builds that in the end, the customer couldn't pay for. Enough about that. I currently do not own an evo but I'm hoping I can find one that meets my criteria soon. I'm here to learn about these cars because they have always been one of my dream cars. Believe it or not before the jeep buisness my first ride was a 98 mitsubishi eclipse gsx, and man, do I miss that car. Back then I was 18 years old and only knew how to blow the damn thing up. (4 times) it was modded but not very much, only as much as my 18 year old wallet could afford yet I still day dream about that car regularly. Anyway I'm currently looking for a unmolested evo 9. Red silver or black I dont care but since I'm out of work right now I dont have alot of money to spend on one just yet. What I do have is a few pieces of fab equipment I'm trying to part ways with maybe even possibly trade for one of these cars. So now that I've told you my intent I'll share some photos of my person vehicle I currently have just so you guys know I'm not full of crap. And if you have any questions feel free to PM me and ask away. Thanks and its cook to be here
I would have thought modding jeeps would be the dream job until I read these sorts of stories of customers not paying