Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

I got the bug!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got the bug!!!

Hello all I came across a Evo online that was heavily modified and quickly became a fan!!! I now have the bug to get a evo.. I am not sure and I am here to learn more about the evo, modifications and find a place in the northeast where I can have these modifications done. I had a 89 mustang GT worked to the bones was getting mid 9's on the track 15 years ago

my first question is there a difference between the evolution and the lancer evolution?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by xclusive_evo
Hello all I came across a Evo online that was heavily modified and quickly became a fan!!! I now have the bug to get a evo.. I am not sure and I am here to learn more about the evo, modifications and find a place in the northeast where I can have these modifications done. I had a 89 mustang GT worked to the bones was getting mid 9's on the track 15 years ago

my first question is there a difference between the evolution and the lancer evolution?
Welcome you will not be disappointed if you get a evo! The evolution is a lancer evolution, but there were other trims gsr, se , and the mr. That was a pretty fast mustang you had, was it still a street car or just 1/4 track car? There are plenty of street evo’s out there that will run 9’s and still have all its seats and ac too!! Definitely a great car and hopefully one day be worth some good money, though they presently hold their value well. Good luck!
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ctfpevoVIII

Welcome you will not be disappointed if you get a evo! The evolution is a lancer evolution, but there were other trims gsr, se , and the mr. That was a pretty fast mustang you had, was it still a street car or just 1/4 track car? There are plenty of street evo’s out there that will run 9’s and still have all its seats and ac too!! Definitely a great car and hopefully one day be worth some good money, though they presently hold their value well. Good luck!
My mustang was auto, had a tremec 5 speed put in, bored the engine, replaced cam, pistons, headers, and the list goes on and on. It remained street legal. sold it after I got cought speeding 125 on 55 and had to go to court lol. Anyone know of a good club in Noretheast to join?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 01:15 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hey alright, welcome aboard

Hope you get the bug enough to buy an EvO

Ive owned my Lancer for 11 years. As noted, they are all Lancers (haha)

Joe
Old Feb 10, 2019, 06:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome! Every Evo is a Lancer but not every Lancer is an Evo. Check out the regional sub-forums for the NE and you can find meet-ups, local forum members, etc.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 07:53 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo Arcana
Every Evo is a Lancer but not every Lancer is an Evo.
That is classic. I like that
Similar to: Every square is a rectangle but not all rectangles are square (something like that haha)