EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   EvoX 'For Sale' Engine Internals and Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evox-sale-engine-internals-drivetrain-285/)
-   -   MODE Racing Double Adjustable Short Throw Shifter Evolution X - NOW AVAILABLE @ 201! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evox-sale-engine-internals-drivetrain/427250-mode-racing-double-adjustable-short-throw-shifter-evolution-x-now-available-201-a.html)

201Motorsports Jun 14, 2009 11:05 AM

MODE Racing Double Adjustable Short Throw Shifter Evolution X - NOW AVAILABLE @ 201!

MODE Racing @ 201 Motorsports

MODE Racing is based in Salt Lake City, Utah founded by Billy Brooks. The Acronym MODE stands for Motorsports Ordinance Development & Engineering. Billy is a Mechanical Engineer and was the hard parts engineer at Cobb Tuning. He was a integral part in the design and setup of the Cobb Tuning R35 GTR, MazdaSpeed 3, Evo X, 08 STI, the infamous 06 STi "Clock" Car as well as numerous SCCA Autocross Championship cars. He is continuing to bring the best performing parts to the community with a new name…..MODE Racing.

MODE Racing Double Adjustable Short Throw Shifter Evolution X

http://www.201motorsports.com/images/P/evoxshifter3.jpg

The Short Throw Shifter is constructed from zinc-plated steel and attractive, sleek gloss black anodized billet aluminum. One of the major features of the MODE Racing Double Adjustable Short Throw Shifter is the adjustability of the shift knob height and throw with very little effort.

By moving the upper shifter shaft, the shift knob height can be adjusted, while the throw can be independently adjusted by moving the bottom ball. This allows for a throw adjustment of up to 15% compared to stock! The shifter is compatible with the factory shift knob or can be mated to your own custom or aftermarket shift knob that fits with the factory shifter.

The MODE Racing Double Adjustable Short Throw Shifter for the Mitsubishi EVO X is an extremely unique and a required item for any driver looking to get full potential out of their vehicle from daily driven street vehicles to high performance track cars. Each MODE Racing Double Adjustable Short Throw Shifter has been developed, engineered, and tested in the USA and is even featured on many race cars out on the track today.
Price: $175 shipped

201Motorsports Jun 14, 2009 11:05 AM

201Motorsports Jun 19, 2009 01:57 PM

Bump it up!

201Motorsports Jun 22, 2009 09:28 AM

Bump it up to the top! These are great!

201Motorsports Jun 26, 2009 09:42 AM

Up to the top for MODE!

DVDee Jun 30, 2009 12:20 PM

Nice shifter so we can expect the same quality as the hard parts cobb offered? Also do you know if they'll be making the rest of the hard parts Cobb offered such as hard pipes, exhaust, intake etc.?

201Motorsports Jul 8, 2009 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by DVDee (Post 7229809)
Nice shifter so we can expect the same quality as the hard parts cobb offered? Also do you know if they'll be making the rest of the hard parts Cobb offered such as hard pipes, exhaust, intake etc.?

Yes, the same quality should absolutely be achieved :thumbup: I believe that MODE will be creating an intake, however, past that I'm unsure. We will find out :)

xtmx Jul 8, 2009 05:48 PM

looks identical to cobb, minus 1 hex head screw. Should be a quality piece

bbimpreza Jul 8, 2009 07:52 PM

Hey guys,

Yes, the shifters are identical to the COBB ones that we designed. I worked for COBB for 2.5 years designing most of their intakes, GTR components, silicone pieces, front mount intercooler kits and hard pipe kit. I started MODE after COBB laid us off and stopped the hard parts. Everything produced under MODE will be held to the same quality standards. As far as other parts go, I will be continuing the intakes, hard pipes, pretty much everything minus the exhaust components. Josh Tenny (another former COBB employee) will be doing the exhaust components under his new company, Stout Made. If you have any questions please let me know. And yes, I am a former Evo 9 RS owner. I will be looking into opening a vendor account here on Evom. Thanks.

Billy Brooks

201Motorsports Jul 9, 2009 09:10 AM

Many thanks for the reply, Billy!

201Motorsports Jul 17, 2009 06:15 AM

Up to the top!

201Motorsports Jul 21, 2009 02:25 PM

MODE Racing Double Adjustable Short Thrower Shifter @ 201 Motorsports :) Shift party.

201Motorsports Jul 22, 2009 09:29 AM

MODE Racing Double Adjustable Short Thrower Shifter @ 201 Motorsports!

201Motorsports Jul 24, 2009 07:05 AM

MODE Racing Double Adjustable Short Thrower Shifter for your Evolution X - $175 shipped from 201 Motorsports!

201Motorsports Aug 3, 2009 12:27 PM

MODE Racing Double Adjustable Short Thrower Shifter for your Evolution X - $175 shipped from 201 Motorsports!