Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Could this be the NEW Evo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2014, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
End of the year... Ok so, that means the 2014 model year is done, out comes the 2015s.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thomar
End of the year... Ok so, that means the 2014 model year is done, out comes the 2015s.
Yeah 2015s should already be in the factory lines, don't we usually get 'em around July/August?

2015's are probably the last year. Hope it is so. We're done here. The X had a glorious run.
Old May 15, 2014, 05:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jazket
Yeah 2015s should already be in the factory lines, don't we usually get 'em around July/August?

2015's are probably the last year. Hope it is so. We're done here. The X had a glorious run.
Agreed!
Old May 15, 2014, 09:11 PM

Wheels are too big for the car
Old May 16, 2014, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by jazket
The X had a glorious run.
Indeed it did. I got in on the party a little late, but it sure did.

I'm not too adverse to the idea of a hybrid Evo XI. I mean, sure, I don't like hybrids in general, but if it's mostly engine and the electric motors help make up for a lack of torque in lower RPM's (something we turbo drivers are familiar with) then I can see how it might become a good thing.

Either way, I hope the demise of the X doesn't translate into the demise of the Evolution line as a whole.
Old May 17, 2014, 01:52 PM

I still find it funny that every other car manufacturer is getting back into providing a sport car option... yet here is Mitsubishi withdrawing from their most iconic vehicle lol.

Hell even Dodge is coming back with the SRT4 by introducing the DART SRT Turbo w/ AWD to compete with the WRX.
Old May 17, 2014, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

There is a statement from Mitsubishi that the Evo is only being discontinued in certain countries and that does not include the US. There will be a 2015 model. Plans are in place for a hybrid version to come. Seeing Porsche's hybrid, I am not against it if done correctly.
Old May 17, 2014, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by jimm
There is a statement from Mitsubishi that the Evo is only being discontinued in certain countries and that does not include the US. There will be a 2015 model. Plans are in place for a hybrid version to come. Seeing Porsche's hybrid, I am not against it if done correctly.
anything hybrid has yet to satisfy anybody. look at all the hype of the crz when it was first released on concept. everybody was so excited about it being the next crx. then word came of hybrid and how far it fell short. sure you can swap with a k20 but who wants to do that to a brand new car. the new Nissan rwd concept that looks like a old school datson is gunna be the same way if it comes out.
Old May 17, 2014, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by whatever210
anything hybrid has yet to satisfy anybody. look at all the hype of the crz when it was first released on concept. everybody was so excited about it being the next crx. then word came of hybrid and how far it fell short. sure you can swap with a k20 but who wants to do that to a brand new car. the new Nissan rwd concept that looks like a old school datson is gunna be the same way if it comes out.
Key word "yet." I bet the NSX will satisfy people if it ever comes out.

"Super" Supercars exempt too I imagine. The new Porsche and McLaren seem to be satisfying people who are lucky(rich) enough to get one.

Last edited by LateBraking; May 17, 2014 at 11:49 PM.
Old May 18, 2014, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by whatever210
Watch the top gear where the test the Porsche....anything like that and they can do it to the Evo and it will be fine. Of course, I would not it in the first year
Old May 22, 2014, 01:52 AM

The front of that kinda looks like a Lexus IS or F/F sport

As for the discontinuation of the evo, I seriously doubt that will happen, at least not here in America. Although part of me kinda wishes they would discontinue it, only bc I don't want to see a new model anytime soon. I just got my 2013 Ralliart and I'll be really pissed if a sexier redesign comes out! That sh*t happened with my 2005 WRX that I ended up trading it in for a 2006 Acura RSX Type-S; that was part of the reason I got the RSX, I found out they were discontinuing it after 06' lol. But yeah if they come out with a new design for the evo then surely the entire lancer line will get a redesign.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 10:30 AM

Doesn't look that bad. even for a concept
Old Jun 23, 2014, 01:41 PM

According from what i've heard so far, they will likely build a new evo with the concept from the Gran Turismo vision which is a base renault chassis and it will be totally different from the normal lancer, also it will be likely hybrid like the porshe and the mcclaren. Here's a pic
Could this be the NEW Evo-odoeogn.jpg
Old Jun 24, 2014, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jc_eljevo
According from what i've heard so far, they will likely build a new evo with the concept from the Gran Turismo vision which is a base renault chassis and it will be totally different from the normal lancer, also it will be likely hybrid like the porshe and the mcclaren. Here's a pic
If its Renault then Its basically AWD Renault Megane RS 280 for USDM.
I am more interested in Galant then in Lancer byproduct from Renault. From my source, Mitsubishi is awfully quiet for a company that will release atleast 5-6 new or changed products in next 1.5 year.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 08:18 PM

What would be the gain of them switching to the Renault chassis. Weight distribution? I mean I would assume that it would still be 4 door, awd but in addition use their PX-MiEV II motor with a small turbo to help the output. I could see Mitsubishi making the first affordable hybrid sports car. They just would have to figure out were to draw the limit.

Quick Reply: Could this be the NEW Evo