Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Wideband

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2006, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GOT EVO
My big advice is to just not try to autotune with any other wideband than the autronic analyzer. If your wideband is even off .1 when it is converted to an autronic signal you will never get an accurate tune because of how the math works when adjusting the fuel table. Autronic will make adjustments then check itself and be way off because the reading is off. It would kinda be like tring to catch a greased pig I didnt touch my autronic base map until i had driven with both the PLX wideband and my local Autronic Dealer's Autronic Analyzer. Like i said before the Plx reading through autronic was .1 leaner than the autronic analyzer.

On the autronic fourm there have been emails between plx engineers and ray hall ( the man at autronic ) and the plx engineers after many failed attempts to get ray to believe that there device would read exactly the same as the autronic WBo2 finally broke down and stated that their unit when using resistors would read .3 off. And this will be the same case with other WBo2's aswell.

Thanks for the advice GOT EVO. Yes, i totally understand. It is taking the plunge of if I want to buy a $1500 Wideband or not? I am fairly known for tuning in my area and I currently use the LM-1 to tune other people's car, but I don't think that justifies paying $1500 right now. Although it is really tempting, I really like using the autotune feature. Wonder if that Autronic will work with the Motec's?
Old Feb 9, 2006, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by turboevo8
Thanks for the advice GOT EVO. Yes, i totally understand. It is taking the plunge of if I want to buy a $1500 Wideband or not? I am fairly known for tuning in my area and I currently use the LM-1 to tune other people's car, but I don't think that justifies paying $1500 right now. Although it is really tempting, I really like using the autotune feature. Wonder if that Autronic will work with the Motec's?

You can rent an Autronic WBo2 from an Autronic Dealer. Once you get your ECU you can register on the autronic fourm and get tech help from other users and autronic engineers. I know the motec WBo2 is not compatable with Autronic so i assume it would be the same way with the Autronic on Motec. For now if you havent allready done so, download the autronic software and familiarize yourself with how to opperate the system. http://www.autronic.com/page_files/software.htm
Old Feb 9, 2006, 11:07 AM

You can rent an Autronic WBo2 from an Autronic Dealer. Once you get your ECU you can register on the autronic fourm and get tech help from other users and autronic engineers. I know the motec WBo2 is not compatable with Autronic so i assume it would be the same way with the Autronic on Motec. For now if you havent allready done so, download the autronic software and familiarize yourself with how to opperate the system. http://www.autronic.com/page_files/software.htm
Oh, don't get me wrong, I am already well versed in the software and tuning it. I just wanted other options of using the autotune function. I have a friend that has the B series Wideband and borrow his every now and then. I was just looking at other options for owning one for myself.
Thanks though.
Old Feb 9, 2006, 01:48 PM

Oh, don't get me wrong, I am already well versed in the software and tuning it. I just wanted other options of using the autotune function. I have a friend that has the B series Wideband and borrow his every now and then. I was just looking at other options for owning one for myself.
Thanks though.
Since you know your stuff, what stops you from trying the autotune with lm-1?
I have sm4 and im surely going to use the autotune function with lm-1.

Well, if the PLS device will read off, it does not mean that the innovate will..
Old Feb 9, 2006, 02:00 PM

I rent dyno time and didn't want to hook it up and find false readings. I will probably borrow my friends to go to the dyno to tune my car. I wanted to fart around with autotune in the streets before I go to the dyno.
Jokeri, let me know if it works out for you.
Old Feb 9, 2006, 02:13 PM

Cool
Old Feb 9, 2006, 02:14 PM

Yes Its Awesome
Old Jan 17, 2007, 08:53 PM

Got LM-1 to work with Auto tune.

Wanted to drop a quick note that I finally hooked up my PNP board with a harness in between the PNP board and hooked up my Innovate LM-1. It was actually really easy to do and it works. I am not 100% convinced it gives the exact same readings as the Autronic Wideband, but it beats renting or buying another wideband.

If anyone in the bay area needs a tune, let me know I have the harness for my wideband and everything else I need to tune. Well a street tune that is.

I am off to the dyno later this week. Let me know if there are any questions.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

Wanted to drop a quick note that I finally hooked up my PNP board with a harness in between the PNP board and hooked up my Innovate LM-1. It was actually really easy to do and it works. I am not 100% convinced it gives the exact same readings as the Autronic Wideband, but it beats renting or buying another wideband.

If anyone in the bay area needs a tune, let me know I have the harness for my wideband and everything else I need to tune. Well a street tune that is.

I am off to the dyno later this week. Let me know if there are any questions.
You still won't be able to correctly autotune with the lm-1. It will give a close reading, but still not the same as the autronic wideband. If your reading is 0.01 off, the autotune function will multiply that value and cause your tune to be farther off. You'll never be able to get a perfect tune because the autotune will keep making your car to rich/lean because it's multpling off of the wrong number.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 01:45 PM

You still won't be able to correctly autotune with the lm-1. It will give a close reading, but still not the same as the autronic wideband. If your reading is 0.01 off, the autotune function will multiply that value and cause your tune to be farther off. You'll never be able to get a perfect tune because the autotune will keep making your car to rich/lean because it's multpling off of the wrong number.
Yes, I kind of figured that out after tuning on the street. But what this is good for is it gives you the Widebands reading on the monitor screen which helps tremendously in manual tuning. The autronic Wideband is way more responsive, and I figured that manual tuning would be a lot quicker for me than autotune. As long as the figures seen on the monitoring screen is actually indeed the same figures that the wideband shows, it saves my eyeball from looking at the LM-1 in one eye and the laptop with the other eye.

Thanks for the input
Old Jan 22, 2007, 10:14 PM
Hic

Dyno dynamics uses Autronic gas analyzer. Rent an hour on it and autotune your car on most accurate and fast dyno. Then pay what you have to and off you go! I wish here is so simple....not to cover all the highway miles looking at the screen with headphones on your head!
Old Jan 23, 2007, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Yes, I kind of figured that out after tuning on the street. But what this is good for is it gives you the Widebands reading on the monitor screen which helps tremendously in manual tuning. The autronic Wideband is way more responsive, and I figured that manual tuning would be a lot quicker for me than autotune. As long as the figures seen on the monitoring screen is actually indeed the same figures that the wideband shows, it saves my eyeball from looking at the LM-1 in one eye and the laptop with the other eye.

Thanks for the input
The value shown on autronic will be slightly off from the LM-1 because the voltage is being altered from the LM-1 output to the Autronic input. If you are not allready doing so setup your target A/F table, datalog a few pulls or so (atleast 20% storage so you hit each load/rpm cell), then F10 to open the graph. You will see some tabs at the top of the graph, click the fuel mixture tab I believe, click F5, a window will prompt, click Enter/ok. This will open a chart with Load/RPM cells, each cell will display your target A/F, recorded A/F, how many times that point was recorded. The cells will also be colored Green (dead on the money), Yellow (close but no cigar), and Red (your tune needs some help) If you highlight the cell and hit Enter, another window will prompt and click OK. This process will automatically adjust your base fuel values to achieve your target your target A/F. If you have
your base fuel delivery table open, you can see the change in values when you double click Enter on the cells.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 10:54 AM

The value shown on autronic will be slightly off from the LM-1 because the voltage is being altered from the LM-1 output to the Autronic input. If you are not allready doing so setup your target A/F table, datalog a few pulls or so (atleast 20% storage so you hit each load/rpm cell), then F10 to open the graph. You will see some tabs at the top of the graph, click the fuel mixture tab I believe, click F5, a window will prompt, click Enter/ok. This will open a chart with Load/RPM cells, each cell will display your target A/F, recorded A/F, how many times that point was recorded. The cells will also be colored Green (dead on the money), Yellow (close but no cigar), and Red (your tune needs some help) If you highlight the cell and hit Enter, another window will prompt and click OK. This process will automatically adjust your base fuel values to achieve your target your target A/F. If you have
your base fuel delivery table open, you can see the change in values when you double click Enter on the cells.
That is a good pointer. I did not know this. I will have to data log a few pulls and check it out.

Thanks.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

That is a good pointer. I did not know this. I will have to data log a few pulls and check it out.

Thanks.

I have had my fiance tune my car several times like that. It's really that easy
Old Aug 12, 2007, 02:49 PM

NOT entirely true

If you try to plug any wideband into autronic other than the autronic analyzer you WILL NOT get correct readings. The autronic analyzer has a specific voltage that it runs on, So the ECU was designed and calibrated to read that specific voltage. The only way to get correct readings is by using a resistor network such as my diagram for the PLX wideband and the innovate cable.
NOT entirely true... While the Autronic(Dyno-Dynamics badged too) is the matched set up, TechEdge make a great WBO2 system with configerable outputs. Can be calibrated to match the old 0~1vDC or newer 0~5vDC autronic requirements. The earth can be fixed or floating as desired and it also has logging! Other fixed output devices need reisistor networks, but do not have the TechEdge flexability. We use the TE unit for the Auto-tune feature (tuning for dummies) and it works a treat.
Please be aware that most Autronic Dealers do not support use of alternate WBO2 products.

NB: We are Autronic users - not Autronic Dealer

TT

Quick Reply: Wideband