Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

GM BCS...ATTN: Malibu

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2006, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GM BCS...ATTN: Malibu

Are these the proper part numbers for GMpartsdirect for the solenoid and pigtail?

G.M Boost control Solenoid part# 1997152
G.M Pigtail for the boost solenoid part# 12102747

does this plug into the stock harness, or how does it connect?

Thanks
Old Apr 15, 2006, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think those are the right ones. It does not plug into the stock harness and you will need some resistors to make it not throw a CEL. I forget the values but a quick search might pull something up. You will need to hard wire it in unless you can find a female plug which is pretty hard unless you have a bunch of that stuff laying around.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, i def don't have a bunch of stuff laying around....and im a bit of an electric/wiring noob. i have done several searches with no luck on exactly what to do to hook up the GM BCS and have it run perfectly, without throwing a cel.

might just be better off getting a MBC...i really don't want to splice into stock wiring in case i return the car to stock(ish) form.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Jeff
Old Apr 15, 2006, 04:02 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I hate to say this, but do a quick search, I posted the exact resister you would need, In reality with the UTEC you dont need the resistor, it won't throw a code..

I cobbled together a plug and play harness using a few small connectors and slipped them into the stock connector, then taped the whole thing together so I can put the stock BCS back on if I wanted.. I made a plastic mold of the stock connector but misplaced it and a few others I made when I moved.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 04:03 PM
EvoM Guru

if I remember tonight or tomorrow, I'll document the BCS wiring install since I gave away my connector to a friend getting his car tuned and have to make a new one.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Utec manual states the Utec comes with a auxiliary boost control valve (ABC) that can be used to raise boost beyone factory levels, and it shows a diagram on where to source the boost pressure for the sensor.

So am I to understand you need a GM boost control solenoid in addition to the supplied ABC, or is there really not a supplied ABC? Also, there are no indications on how to electrically install the solenoid, which wires to tap etc.

I'm new to the Utec, can someone help clear up my confusion? FYI, I found this thread by doing a search on "boost control", so yes, I'm searching!

late edit: ok I think I answered one of my questions.... so it looks like the ABC is just bleeder valve and doesn't need to be hooked up electrically?

Last edited by dubbleugly01; Jun 2, 2006 at 11:05 AM.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:37 AM
EvoM Guru

No.. The GM solenoid is just an alternative setup, you don't need anything for boost control but the stock solenoid and lines, and you can add the ABC to the stock solenoid to raise the boost a bit.. But there gets a point where you can't control the boost as well as an MBC or a dedicated solenoid (GM solenoid for example) at that point you replace the ABC and stock solenoid and lines with the GM solenoid.

But yah, the ABC is just a bleed valve... the more you bleed from a bleed system, the higher your boost, so the usable range of boost control is shifted by using the bleed valve and stock solenoid setup.