Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

AMS Meth. Question. about the light. simple Q!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2006, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMS Meth. Question. about the light. simple Q!

I have the meth hooked up and "working" thru the Xede (No MAP or voltage regulator needed)I think. at lower RPM (20% load) the AEM UEGO gauge goes LEAN, and when I stomp on it, it gets RICH!! at 10-11. it pulls like crazy for sure. I noticed something odd though, when I push the "test fire" button, and hold it down, the car boggs down, but the light is only on for a second, then goes off. when the boost is at 13psi, the red "meth-on" light goes on, and then off. Even if I have my foot in the gas. We took out fuel in the Xede maps, and it is replaced by METH. if the pump werent spraying, with fuel taken out, wouldn't the UEGO gauge read LEAN?? It has to be spraying, otherwise it would n't get rich like that.

I have the upgraded pump and control box on the AMS kit,

Q. I just thought the light is to stay ON as long as it was squirting, no?? the brightness is the same, goes on for 1 second at 13 psi of boost, or 5K RPM. is this normal??? I looked in the resivoir also, and it is DOWN on meth, so I think it is spraying. any input??
Old Aug 16, 2006, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

*crickets chirping here*
Old Aug 17, 2006, 03:08 AM
Evolved Member

Please! please! , not so many answers at once!!!
Old Aug 17, 2006, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since AMS hasn't been able to respond (just not to hijack I know they are back up) but I believe the light should stay on as long as the spray is on. Also realize that the kit is "Alky controls" kit resold by AMS to fit the evo so you might try to get ahold of them to get the controler issue worked out if AMS doesn't get back with you.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GTVEVO
Since AMS hasn't been able to respond (just not to hijack I know they are back up) but I believe the light should stay on as long as the spray is on. Also realize that the kit is "Alky controls" kit resold by AMS to fit the evo so you might try to get ahold of them to get the controler issue worked out if AMS doesn't get back with you.
I am calling them now, and will report back.