Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

HELP --- Apexi Power FC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2009, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP --- Apexi Power FC

Hi everyone! I am getting the Apexi PowerFC, and my car is EVO8MR with no modification. And I am planning set the PFC as stock ECU first and tune it step by step with my mods in the future, and I believe PFC will do as what stock ECU does, so does anyone knows how to set it same/similar as stock ECU? I'm appreciate that if someone knows......

Last edited by johnnyli; Jun 28, 2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 32 Likes on 11 Posts
I would check out/post in the power FC section of evom.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by eflove
I would check out/post in the power FC section of evom.
yes i did, but unluck....
Old Jun 28, 2009, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

well It should come with a base map for a stock car if I remember right. If not I would take it to your tuner and ask him to load a map on it. If he is going to tune it I'm sure he has a map for you to use. I know I've seen a screen full of base maps for different cars but I think that was in the Data Log It stuff I had.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 07:02 PM

well It should come with a base map for a stock car if I remember right. If not I would take it to your tuner and ask him to load a map on it. If he is going to tune it I'm sure he has a map for you to use. I know I've seen a screen full of base maps for different cars but I think that was in the Data Log It stuff I had.
Thanks!
so you mean i can choose the "EVO8" from the its default setting? and it will just like stock ECU after that?
Old Jun 28, 2009, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

well I don't think it will be 100% plug it in and go. I think you will need to adj a thing or two. I remember selecting a icon that said 4g63 on it but then again i think that was on the datalogit stuff. are you going to get that too? Link to what I'm talking about.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 12:05 AM

thanks! just make sure one thing, if I don't wanna power up the car can I just simply rest the PFC without tune by using the default map and drive the car for a few days? or Months? Until I start to modify my car...

PS: there is no performance mods in my car at the moment.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 07:45 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't waste your time. With the advancements in the stock ECU, any aftermarket ECU is a waste.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

wow that's quite bold. I like it! While it might be true that a stock ecu is the better ecu for him and his mods I do think a standalone can do a few things a stock ecu can't. At least for now.....
Old Jun 29, 2009, 10:16 AM
Account Disabled

wow that's quite bold. I like it! While it might be true that a stock ecu is the better ecu for him and his mods I do think a standalone can do a few things a stock ecu can't. At least for now.....
Actually there is not. With the speed density patch released to certain users already, there are ZERO benefits to using a POWER FC.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

I agree with you on that. I still think aftermarket ecu's have good use on some cars. With E85 getting ever more popular I know the ability to control twin injectors is a big plus ect ect. I wasn't talking about the power FC.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 11:18 AM
Account Disabled

There are 2250cc injectors available.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

I have not seen 2250cc inj idle like stock. I know some people like to have one map for gas and e85 so they don't get suck without a e85 station around. Idle on a gas map and 2250's would get real tricky. Idle with 1000cc primary's and whatever secondary's is like stock and you have the fuel for e85.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Actually there is not. With the speed density patch released to certain users already, there are ZERO benefits to using a POWER FC.

if it is only released to certain users then a power fc would still have an advantage over the stock ecu. not to mention with the power fc you can make tuning adjustments on the fly without turning the car on and off to reflash it.

I'm not trying to say I would use a power fc over the stock ecu on an evo, but you can't say the stock ecu can do everything an AEM EMS can, all the fastest drag cars in the world switch ecu's for a reason.

and no way you could make those 2200cc injectors idle on pump gas

just my 2 cents

Jon
Old Jun 29, 2009, 12:52 PM

To answer the original question......

Yes turn off the boost controller feature in the PFC setup and you should be able to just plug it in and the car will start and run.

Just note that the base maps timing is a little aggressive and it is advised to do a little fine tuning to make it "safe" to drive around before moddifing the engine and re-tuning for the mods that you plan to install.

But these guys are right to a certain extent.....the stock ecu could be flashed and "tuned" using open ECU etc. Just need to purchase the tantrix cable yada yada.