Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Widebands???

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2011, 04:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Widebands???

i got an innovate wideband, how often are you guys with widebands having to recalibrate them any brand, just curious caus mine will read good for a month or so then go crazy like it lost calibration, so i have to recalibrate every couple months or so, is this normal??? i have no cat on the car, im wonering if this has anything to do with it, any input much appreciated
Old Dec 21, 2011, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

Mine is starting to go nuts. It's been good for about 6 months though. But I also am running a cat so I'm not sure if that's the difference.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wtf? do u just push a button? the aem in the wrx has been going strong for years but i just ordered the LC-1 for the Evo. hope i didn't make a mistake.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Everyone has their own biased opinion on WB02's depending on what particular brand they use or what brand they have had issues with. I have been running an LC1 since 07 and I am real happy with mine, though I have heard some horror stories about them and I am sure you will find plenty of posts in hear from people that will tell you the LC1 is crap. Sometimes you get a bad sensor(ebay shopping) sometimes it's operator error (sensor improperly mounted or perhaps placed at the wrong angle or too close/far up or down the exhaust chain to read accurately... sometimes they are wired incorrectly so they never heat up to operating temperature to function adequately... sometimes they are not free air calibrated properly during their first use so they are always a hair off... sometimes they don't have the most up to date firmware installed from innovates website(did you do that?)) There are trully quite a few variables that can go into what may cause a WB to act screwy. Do you go back and fourth between fuels? Like do you go between 93 and E85 every other tankfull? I can tell you from my experiances ethanol is real hard on a LC1 and will shorten the life of your WB02. Speaking of how long have you had it? Do you do a lot of dyno/track time?

Last edited by tiggeryellow1; Dec 21, 2011 at 07:38 AM. Reason: grammar
Old Dec 21, 2011, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

did you self-install or get it done by a pro?
Old Dec 21, 2011, 08:15 AM
Account Disabled

we've used the LM-1 and LC-1 exclusively for years. When they work they are top notch but they do require recalibration and sometimes they forget that you're using gasoline and change on their own to "custom" fuel type which makes for a very strange reading on the gauge until you fix it. It's a minor hassle.

if you want something trouble free we recommend this one http://www.mellonracing.com/index.ph...roducts_id=612
Old Dec 21, 2011, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

I used to run an LC-1 in my evo. Getting installed and wired correctly was a pain, but after that it worked like a charm. I did have to calibrate it a few times which wasn't fun. When I changed my clutch I switched to an AEM and its much easier IMO. The LC-1 is a really good wide band when its installed properly tho
Old Dec 21, 2011, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

what is the recalibration procedure? I'm trying to get an idea of what the hassle entails.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

screw it. I'm anti hassle, any hassle is too much.

I just called maperformance. they changed my order in 2 minutes flat, I didn't even need to tell them my name, I just double-checked at the end to make sure. their attention to detail is very impressive.

AEM UEGO 30-4100 FTMFW.

THANK YOU everyone who posted on this thread.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by wjamyers
what is the recalibration procedure? I'm trying to get an idea of what the hassle entails.
I take it off the DP (while the car is off ) and then I hold the red reset button in the car for 30 seconds. I probably do it every 10-15K miles or when I notice weird readings. I had one sensor crap out after 2 years. I tried to reset while the sensor is in the DP, but it didn't work. I tried two methods with it in:
  1. Before first start, hold the reset button for 30 sec
  2. Going down a very long hill in 5th while the car is in vacuum, hold the reset button for 30 sec.

If my LC-1 ever breaks completely I'll try an AEM for the simplicity. Good luck!
Old Dec 21, 2011, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 10isace
I take it off the DP (while the car is off ) and then I hold the red reset button in the car for 30 seconds. I probably do it every 10-15K miles or when I notice weird readings. I had one sensor crap out after 2 years. I tried to reset while the sensor is in the DP, but it didn't work. I tried two methods with it in:
  1. Before first start, hold the reset button for 30 sec
  2. Going down a very long hill in 5th while the car is in vacuum, hold the reset button for 30 sec.

If my LC-1 ever breaks completely I'll try an AEM for the simplicity. Good luck!
holy crap, eff that ish. THANK you!!!
Old Dec 21, 2011, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Good Luck!
Old Dec 21, 2011, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

only use regular gasonline 93, had it installed by a shop, the firmware thing i didnt know about, but im starting to think the position of the sensor is the reason it goes sporatic after a month or so, im probably going with an aem when this one craps out for good
Old Dec 21, 2011, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

Right well, I just wanted to throw out all possibilities before you went out and spent money twice but do what you gotta.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 11:06 PM

Mine is starting to go nuts. It's been good for about 6 months though. But I also am running a cat so I'm not sure if that's the difference.