Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Microsquirt ?

Old Feb 27, 2016, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Microsquirt ?

has anyone ran a microsquirt on an evo?
Old Mar 16, 2016, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not sure why you would want to run microsqurit. the stock ecu can do more than that. really the only upgrade ecu you could go to is either aem or haltech. i dont even thing the ms3 ecu can do as much as either one of those.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 09:45 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Edit

Nm
Old Mar 17, 2016, 06:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by OneSlow9
not sure why you would want to run microsqurit. the stock ecu can do more than that. really the only upgrade ecu you could go to is either aem or haltech. i dont even thing the ms3 ecu can do as much as either one of those.
because the stock ecu is a monsterous pain in the *** getting sd correct.
I looked into it but the mivec stuff is the only hold back for me. a ms3x has everything needed from a hardware standpoint but the software would take some work to make it all function and i just dont have the time for it right now.
aem would be a good option but its way more money.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Agree there definitely is quite a steep learning curve when it comes to using the stock ECU with Tephra V7. There are so many tables available that you have to figure out which ones to touch and which ones to leave alone. In addition, there are tables you need to add that are not available from the get go on V7. This requires even more time hunting down threads and adding code to your ROM.

However, once you get past the learning curve, it's actually pretty powerful for what it is. I've played with Megasquirt PNP2 on a different car and I must admit I much prefer the table resolution of our stock ECU compared to MS. It does do some good things but at the same time it does have its oddities. I will say though that once you switch over to a higher end standalone that there is no going back. I briefly tinkered with Haltech Platinum Pro on my car and I am in love. Super user-friendly interface, real-time changes, and custom user definable tables are so awesome, makes me wonder how I ever lived without it.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 11:10 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Ah. real-time tuning. I had that back when i used to have my Honda. Much more efficient than log, adjust, flash, repeat.

Search this Thread