Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

cant keep afr's out of the 9's

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2016, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cant keep afr's out of the 9's

like the title says i cant keep up my air to fuel. i have 12 as pretty much the lowes value and it still dives to the 9's. usually i can boost to 7-10 psi then it shoots down. i have checked a few things already.

timing belt is still on timing marks.
new plugs ngk copper gaped to .02 today
checked all air values and inj scaling in ecu flash
cleaned maf
swapped fuel relays with outher used ones
checked all intercooler piping

anything else you can think of to check would be amazing. at this point im running out of ideas

Name:  Capture_2.png
Views: 0
Size:  36.6 KB

Name:  Capturee.png
Views: 0
Size:  323.3 KB
Old Mar 7, 2016, 03:06 PM

ok i just ran across something. i was looking up how to get rid of my maf because i was thinking that it might of went bad. and i found out that at one time my car was run off of SD(or equivalent). i have the gm sen and pigtail.(i asked before on here and noone knew what it was). is it possible for me to have a SD tune in my tune and i just dont see it because i dont have the correct xml in my rom. i would imagen that that is totally possible. now can i also use sd with a maf for my temp reading. (i might of broke the gm sen when cleaning my intercooler piping. i didnt care about it because it wasnt plugged in and i thought it was junk)

just to see i threw speed density in my rom and got numbers that wouldnt work.

Last edited by Cbr1000love; Mar 7, 2016 at 04:16 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 07:13 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
The ROM ID should tell you what you are working with. Depending on what rom you are using there may be alt maps also if you are getting knock you could be crossing over into your low octane maps.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 04:40 PM

i made all 3 maps the same just to see. but i did a boost leak test and i had a few leaks. egr vac line off , bad j pipe gasket, bad cupler off intake manifold.. but the biggest one i could hear and i couldnt find it untill now. tb shaft pissing air. tomorrow is sunday but i am going to see if i can get it done