Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

looking for help tuning

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2016, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking for help tuning

ok off the bat hello everyone. i have had the car from January and i have been trying to tune it on and off because the tune it came with made the afr's drop to 9 as soon as it hit boost. Not saying mines much better but atleast i can drive it to work without throwing knock. im working in jersey city for another 2-3 weeks so i plan on setting up a apt to get a street tune. but i am sure there is atleast a week wait so i am trying to see if you guys can help me out in the right direction.

log is 2nd and 3rd gear i believe. i cut out the inbetween(not in boost) to fit more

Name:  loggs%202nd%203rd.png
Views: 0
Size:  56.3 KB

Name:  ign.png
Size:  34.2 KB

Name:  fuel.png
Size:  39.7 KB
Old May 6, 2016, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
A quick thing to change will be the order of things logged in evoscan, easier to reference data that way. Step two will be to log a WOT pull. Your tps is showing 45ish percent throttle. Just make sure your CEL is set to flash if you get knock, so you can get out of it if you need to. Are you running SD? If so, are you using the 3D rpm/VE table? You fuel map doesn't look like it should take you that rich, unless that table is in need of adjustment. Another question, what injectors? If not stock, what do your trims look like? Those are the first things that come to my mind. I'm sure others will be able to help more.
Old May 6, 2016, 06:52 PM

first off hell yes i have thought of that just haven't gotten around to redoing the order. it worked well when i was logging a few things then i threw in alot more and never got to it. i cant do a wot pull as soon as i go wot afr's drop to 9's and ill start knocking. that explains the 45%. yes cel is set to flash, no sd, stock inj's, i know fuel map needs to be lowered in wot but im just trying to get afrs to stay in the 11's for now.(yes in very much need of adjustment(first car tuning) i did check all inj scaling and all is correct.

more then happy to answer any questions, check anything, log a different pull.. whatever you guys think will help
Old May 8, 2016, 07:12 AM

ok this forum is about to make a V line toward the worst. i have been sealing up all boost leaks and i went 100% T-clamps. i put the last 2 on that i had on order last night and boost leak checked it. it was so quiet. when i look at my boost gauge it was still dropping pretty quick but i have cams so i was thinking that it might just be that + where the valves are.

here is where it gets interesting. for some reason i put my finger over the hole on the valve cover where the vacuum line attaches to the intake and i can hear/ feel air coming out. next i disconnected the pcv to make sure it wasnt just because of a bad pcv and the same thing. from what i understand there should be no air coming out of the valve cover on a boost leak test. so this points to bad rings or valve seals.

i did a comp test a few weeks back and #4 was about 30lbs less then the rest so i know my next step is a leakdown test. my question is what test would tell me if it is rings or valve seals?(i want to order everything ill need before ripping apart) maybe a wet comp test would point to rings over seals?

i do have cams, valves, new valve guides, springs bla bla bla... this all being new makes me believe off the bat the its rings. Also im no to upset by this just gives me a reason to add pistons and rods.. only upset that it has a new headgasket and gates belt. if i rip it apart im just going to replace everything again besides for the water pump.