Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Okada Plasma Direct Coils vs STM COP

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Okada Plasma Direct Coils vs STM COP

Hi all,

So I had recently purchased a 2003 Evo 8 in the last year or so, and in the last 6 months I had purchased the STM Coil-On-Plug Ignition setup but never got around to installing it. Fast forward to today when I finally go to install the part, I notice that the car already has the Okada Projects Coil-Pack Plasma Directs on it (I had never taken the spark plug cover off prior, and this mod was not listed in the sale so I had figured the car had stock coils). After searching the forums, etc. the only feedback I have found on the Okada Coils vs a COP setup (like SpoolinUp or STM) is that the Okada Coils are priced very highly so just go for the COP setups instead due to pricing comparison.

However, my question is;
Since I already have both systems and money is not a factor, which setup do you guys think is better performance-wise? I am not as knowledgeable as I could be on this subject, and searches have provided me with little to no insight.

Thank you in advance

Link to both products:
Okada - https://www.vividracing.com/ignition...7-p-29663.html
STM COP - https://stmtuned.com/collections/mit...gnition-system
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 194 Likes on 182 Posts
I like what you currently have more. Spark pathway is cleaner. I don't think there are any power gains between either setup. I have not seen anything solid proving 1 better than the other.