Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

EvoScan not letting me add item

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2019, 05:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EvoScan not letting me add item

Hi when I try to add a new item to log for example my aem wideband I get a message that says..
ERROR LOADING C:\USERS\BRIAN\DOCUMENTS\EVOSCANV.2.9\DATASETTINGS \UNIVERSAL OBDII 1996-2006.XML THE GIVEN KEY WAS NOT PRESENT IN THE DICTIONARY.

I am also having some logging issues.. my fuel trims stay near 100 and don’t move my short term trims do move around 100-80 but that’s it.
I also have a issue with my maf airflow I seem to get wired numbers such as 29700 for example.
I have tried looking on the forums for answers but I have had no luck. Please help. I tried editing the xml files and I still get the error message from evoscan I have also tried from inside the app and I still get the same message. My serial cable is connected and reading proberly however I cannot log because this issue..
Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:01 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 152 Likes on 116 Posts
Sounds like you have messed up your Universal XML file. Here is the original. Copy it into the C:\USERS\BRIAN\DOCUMENTS\EVOSCAN V2.9\DATASETTINGS directory to replace the one you have changed.
Attached Files
File Type: xml
Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:00 PM

Yes I did notice the change. I realized it was the new item I was trying to add.. so I deleted that from the universal xmls. I opened evoscan and I didn’t get a error message. However I can’t add a new item to evoscan without that message popping up.. I even tried adding it from the universal xmls then opening up evoscan but same error message. Please help
Old Feb 18, 2019, 06:39 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 152 Likes on 116 Posts
Uninstall and reinstall Evoscan 2.9. You appear to have damaged some other application specific files. Reinstalling should fix this problem.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:58 AM

It must be something with my computer.. I have tried reinstalling and even downloaded older versions and they give me the same error. “The given key is not present in the dictionary.” All I did was add a new item hit ok and it pops up..

Last edited by TheLancerLife; Feb 21, 2019 at 04:55 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 09:45 AM

The only reason I am trying to add a new item is because I need to log my aem wideband. I have tried both ways from the ecu and a serial cable but I don’t know how to set it up. I have researched everywhere on the forums tried all of them have I have no success. My drivers does say the device is working properly and evoscan does auto connect to the com port but what is next?