Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Rev limit set to 7500 but hits a wall at 7k?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2019, 05:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Rev limit set to 7500 but hits a wall at 7k?

Hey guys searched around and didnt quite find anyone with a similar problem. I’m coming from DSM land where we use ecmlink v3 and I tune my own car. (Eclipse made 750whp on 40psi with 6466) so im new to ecuflash, and honestly so far not really a fan in comparison to ecmlink, but what can you do but learn what you got until going to AEM infinity. Anyway, I’m on speed density using tephra v7 and speed density 2.0 with 3d mapping And evoscan. For the life of me my car hits a wall and cuts out at 7k exactly every gear... rev limit set in ecuflash to 7500 but can’t even get there, car has stock turbo and stock motor with ARP Head studs and am on 20psi with a manual boost
controller, any failsafe’s I should be checking into? My AFR’s are 11.3 at that rpm and idc at 90% on stock injectors. I have an FPR with base fuel at 40psi (should probably turn it up the extra 3psi), and intercooler piping and a bov, and a wideband and ‘mechanical boost gauge, any ideas here as to what would cut what feels like a rev limit earlier then it’s set to? And no it doesnt feel like a 2step style rev limit where it bounces, it feels like boom jerk like what I would assume fuel cut is, and thats obviously not a good thing. All help appreciated, trying to figure this program out before switching to an FP zero

Last edited by UrbanSmoker; Jun 9, 2019 at 05:20 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 08:51 PM

Anyone?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 06:52 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Wondering if sharing the ECU log would help us figure this out?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 08:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
see if there is another rev limiter table in the definition
Old Jun 18, 2019, 06:54 AM

Incan post the log, wouldd this second rev limit table be in a drop down? Or hidden in an XML file? The valet stuff is off. My stationary 2 step works fine. 🤷🏻*♂️ I’ll upload thenlog and rom
Old Jul 4, 2019, 10:49 AM

im till having this issue ill capture a log this weekend of it hitting the wall, in the mean time here is my current SD rom 8895 USDM 9MR with Tephra V7 and SD 2.0 with 3D live maps.

everything is running great otherwise, AFR.s are good, but please if someone can help me figure out why i may be hitting a rev limit which feels like fuel cut at 7k id appreciate it. this happens regardless of how low my boost is so i dont believe its actually fuel cut, or if it is something is setup wrong

edit: having issues uploading the zip file hummmm? it disapears when i press upload?

Last edited by UrbanSmoker; Jul 4, 2019 at 10:54 AM.