Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

~RRM STAGE 1 kit, STAGE 2 Clutch?....~

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2005, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
~RRM STAGE 1 kit, STAGE 2 Clutch?....~

Hey everyone~

i was curious to know on a little situation......

See i'm dying here. I really want to install my turbo. The problem is, is that i don't have all of the necessary parts for STAGE 2. As of now i have the complete STAGE 1 turbo kit, with a STAGE 2 clutch. Now i'm getting my clutch installed by a local shop here in town this week, but i was wondering if i could run the STAGE 1 turbo kit with the STAGE 2 Clutch? I know that all's i need is the injectors, different spring for wastegate, and the ECU to have it fully be STAGE 2, but i'm kinda' strapped for cash at the moment. Does anyone know how much those 3 items are alone? Anyway, Could i run the STAGE 1 turbo, with the stage 2 clutch and be good to go for a little while. Just until i get enough money to complete the set up? Let me know! Thanks members!
Old Aug 1, 2005, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pfft. if it makes you feel any better, I'm installing a stage 2 clutch and lightened flywheel on my N/A lancer next week or the week after. It will be on order this week from WORKS. The stage 2 clutch just offers more gripping power. The reason I'm getting it is because I'm sick of my wimpy/slipping stock clutch. I want something I know is going to grip hard everytime I take off, not poop out in the hot weather.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Just because it's a "stage" product doesn't mean it has to be used to the same "stage" complamented product. Stage 2 clutch on stage 1 RRM turbo kit is very good. Stage 2 clutch even on N/A, very good (like wiretap said). About the addtional turbo components, I'd not have a clue about those. Have fun with the new clutch; it'll hold like a mother-f'r.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wiretap
pfft. if it makes you feel any better, I'm installing a stage 2 clutch and lightened flywheel on my N/A lancer next week or the week after. It will be on order this week from WORKS. The stage 2 clutch just offers more gripping power. The reason I'm getting it is because I'm sick of my wimpy/slipping stock clutch. I want something I know is going to grip hard everytime I take off, not poop out in the hot weather.

Wiretap.....i feel your pain!!

Thanks fellas!
Old Aug 1, 2005, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wiretap
very, very true. i want my stocker to hurry up and wear out. after driving several other manuals, my clutch feels as soft as the gas pedal . id like to know how you like that stage 2 once you get it wiretap. it really doesnt matter what stage clutch you get, it is pretty irrelavent to the turbo, except once you are producing more power, you will need more gripping power.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=147072