Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

turbo kit off of http://www.turbo-kits.com/

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2006, 04:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbo kit off of http://www.turbo-kits.com/

is this any good? Anyone have it mght order it because it's like 1000 less then RRM

http://www.turbo-kits.com/lancer_turbo_kits.html

??????????????
Old Jul 28, 2006, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its not something you can easily plug and play
Old Jul 28, 2006, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Thats the tsi kit. I have seen someone on here before with it. The intercooler is too big and requires you to cut a big chunk out of your bumper.
Old Jul 28, 2006, 05:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Honestly, there are lots of stuff you will need to do yourself on that kit, including tune it. There is another thread active on here right now about a TSI guy who is not able to get things running right, I know I am bias but this is good info for you.

ROAD/RACE
Old Jul 28, 2006, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Rock is always trying to make a sale! I do agree with him however. The RRM turbo kit is the only one I would trust.
Old Jul 28, 2006, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

Yes, if you are new to mods or turbos you should get something that is proven to perform and work as advertised, i got the rrm kit and in 2 days i was running around boosting with no problems, if you search for posts of people that have gone custom or with that kit you will see the problems they have encountered, and how long it took to actually drive their car sefely, but that is just me, i love my lancer too much to just throw something in there and hope it works. Do your research and draw your own conclusions.
Old Jul 28, 2006, 10:27 PM
Former Sponsor

I am not going to say anything about our kits but I know all the calls and PMs from people and the problems they have had with TSI kits. That is all!

ROAD/RACE
Old Jul 29, 2006, 09:19 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Look at it this way - a turbo kit is not a small investment. If done poorly, it will destroy your motor and lead to thousands of dollars of damage.

Save up a little more money and do it right the first time. As Rob's signature says - go big or go home.
Old Jul 29, 2006, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

well i planed on getting the RRM 04 turbo reason is becuase of the name of RRM, and i heard some good customer service too, i was seeing if this was any good!
Old Jul 29, 2006, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

If you were referring to me as the TSI guy who couldnt get things running right thats half true I only have half a tsi kit (basically just the oil lines, water lines, manifold, and turbo. The rest is all custom pieced together, and the only problem i am having is i'm running lean on throttle %'s between 25 and 50, but thats only after i tried putting the MAF on the pressurized side. I am in the middle of fabricating up a new intake with recirc port as we speak so i can put the MAF back on the intake side. Should be done tomorrow. Other than that i'm boosting up to 5.5 psi with a 12:1 FMU and its fine! I just installed my wideband today and at 50% throttle and above full boost i'm holding steady 12:1 afr all the way to redline with the MAF on the pressurized side. I'm gonna see how much the afr's change when i switch the Maf over tomorrow.

A turbo is not a small, easy to do task. Read up a lot, learn every part in and out and every option, and do it little by little. Its the only way to get things running properly and safely. Unless you go RRM which has everything ready to go right out of the box, expect another 500 to 1000 dollars in small parts here and there, tuning, and general things like this didnt work, that didnt work, this works, that works. Theres a lot of hidden cost if you go custom, but its worth it in the end. I still saved about 1500 less than the RRM kit
Old Aug 14, 2006, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

i have the tsi kit ...been installed since sept of last year and it is a daily driver...is it a perfect kit...no....do u have to do some mods to get it to fit right and tuned right yes....also need to upgrade ur fuel

but the guys from turbo-kits.com are greay guys