Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Pro Street Turbo

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2007, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pro Street Turbo

hey guys I was just wondering what some of your thoughts were about the Pro Street turbo. I have looked at the RRM non-ic turbo and its just below 2800 dollars and the pro street non-ic turbo is only 1600 which is more my price range. I was just wondering if anyone has delt with pro street.

link to turbo:
http://www.prostreetonline.com/sku/ml2501.html

all information is appreciated thanks.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Its not really a plug and play kit. My understanding is that there are a lot of minor tweaks and changes that have to be made like lengthening the downpipe, oil lines, things of that nature - though I personally don't have any experience with it.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

^ +1

The only true bolt on kits are from RRM and RPW, other kits you see online are just a kit of "parts" or a kit made for a Mirage and renamed for the Lancer, yes same engine, but different dimmensions under the hood / exhaust etc.. to work with.
If you are experienced and have a shop were to work out all the issues its a cheap startup turbo setup, but if youre not experienced and you get stuck on some problem dont expect any support for it.
just my .02c from what ive seen/read on the forums.

p.s I just noticed it is the TSI kit, do a search on the forums for "TSI kit" you will come up with loads of threads about it
Old Feb 7, 2007, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

not sure how accurated that picture is but it seems the turbo mounted to the manifold is backwards for our cars. the cold side needs to be on the right not the left. and vice versa for the hot side.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

Ok ok........ if you have any questions you need to talk to me!! I have that kit but intercooled. I put the whole kit on at the shop i worked at before. It runs a garrett turbo and with a few mods its a great kit. For the price and if you know pretty much what your doing, its a great alternative to RRMs kit.

Here is a list of stuff that needs to be done to the kit:

1. Lengthen the downpipe from the flange that connects it to the turbo, so that it clears the oil pan.

2. The oil return line is a short L-pipe. Will not reach from turbo to oil pan. It needs to be lengthen, so go out and buy a long piece of steel braided line that fits the fitting that comes with the kit. Two or three feet will be plenty.

3. Buy a Walbro 255 fuel pump

4. Buy a Blow off valve of your choice. A stock Mitsu one will be fine to start with they are cheap. Recommend you get a better one tho.

5. The kit comes with a Fuel Management Unit that is like 15:1 A/F ratio that boost up the fuel pressure under boost. I dont know how good it is. I went out and bought a Vortech 12:1 A/F ratio. You may also have to get two or three feet of steel braided line to hook the FMU up. You could do larger injectors and a piggyback for a better tune but it cost more.

6. Get boost , AFR, and EGR gauges to monitor the motor.

7. A intercooler and a universal piping kit will take cure of making a intercooler system.

8. If you dont have intake yet you need to buy the adapter piece for the intake.

Note: Make sure the oil feed line is not laying on or near the starter in the back of the motor. The Steel braided line will arch and bust a hole in the line.(learned the hard way).
Old Feb 8, 2007, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
nice. storing that in my lancer modifications file for later use.
ya know, just incase.