Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

RRM M/T turbo on payment plan

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2008, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RRM M/T turbo on payment plan

Ok so heres the deal i have a guy that offered to sell me his RRM 16G turbo kit for 3000 and i dont want to drop this much on a turbo right know so i offered to pay him through a plan. 250 a month till its paid off. He is fine with this because he needs the turbo out of his car so he can sell his lancer easier when its stock. (he needs a truck for work bad so fun time will come later) I was thinking about doing this but i drive a A/T car so the piping will be different and i also have to get the ecu reflash for a A/T which RRM tells me will cost $80 then for the new piping 550 from them or they said i can try to go to welding shops and get the pipes welded in the right shape.

Do you think thhis is a good deal or am I stupid for trying to doo all of this i realize that its almost 4000 then which is the price oof a new kit from RRM but this i dont pay all at once so Im thinking also anyone who might be able to help with this project that lives on the Island let me know lol.

THANKS
Old Jan 25, 2008, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
RRM offers payment plans as well.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 03:34 PM

really? u probably need credit car tho right i dont have one lol

and there prob with interest rates which this deal wont have either
Old Jan 25, 2008, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
I don't think they charge interest, why would they? They might do it with paypal too.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 03:46 PM

hmm thanks ill look into it i really dident know that...

Dose that mean u think this is stupid for me to try this deal also just wondeirng im thankful for all the help i get thanks.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 04:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my payment plan is simple, its something like how the mafia operates but instead of giving you a week to pay up, we wait a week and one day before we break your leg lol joking

Well a fair payment plan is aways a good thing. Turbos and heavy duty upgrades cause truely a leg or arm
Old Jan 26, 2008, 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

just get a credit card, pay with that and pay of the credit card. You get a turbo and you get to start building credit. Its a win-win.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 09:40 AM

lol yea well when you first get a credit car your credit limit might be around 500-800 not 4000 to buy a turbo so that wont work.

Any other ideas on if i should do this or not does anyone know of any cheeper pipe kits that i can get for a A/T turbo
Old Jan 27, 2008, 12:19 AM
Evolved Member

save ur money, then buy. It is a great concept i think.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 03:13 AM
Evolving Member

a loan from the bank? lol
Old Jan 27, 2008, 11:44 AM

ok well thanks for all of the help. i spoke to him again and im thinking of saving my money and just buy one closer to summer time but then again iv been thinking of a evo in 3 years lol so we will see thanks for all the help
Old Jan 27, 2008, 11:57 AM
Evolving Member

Sounds like a decent deal but, Unless your getting the kit with the first payment which I doubt.. Then you'd prolly be better off Calling RRM and workin out a plan with them for a new A/T kit.

If I remember correctly RRM's plan is basicly layaway... You start paying, and when balance is paid off you get product...
I've thought about doing the same thing in the past and all that kind of fun stuff...

But if your not planning on keeping the car that long why would you throw that much money into it. Better off either throwing all that money at your car payments so when you go to trade it in you have a car thats payed off...
Either that or you could "TRY" to save your money and have a nice down payment on a new car.

To each his own tho... I too wan't an evo so sinking that much into a car I will not keep is kinda dumb to me, at the same time I'm thinkin hell it'll be so much fun in the meantime to have my car with MORE power... But luckly the wife keeps me in line. HA!
Old Jan 27, 2008, 05:50 PM

haha ur right thats ao true yea im prob gonna just save for the evo i still owe like 7,800 on my car know so ill wait till i pay it off then trade it in im paying 300 a month know :/ for 3 years
Old May 7, 2008, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lucky for me mines paid off. so i might call them about it...
Old May 12, 2008, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

only buy one if u can afford it and still have enough in the bank to buy another one.

Quick Reply: RRM M/T turbo on payment plan