Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Getting Used Rrm Turbo!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2004, 01:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting Used Rrm Turbo!!!

Hey,
Im getting a used RRM intercooled turbo kit off some dude. I was wondering what are some other things i should get for the kit like digital boost controll and what not. What are some of the coolest and best things i can get for the kit? And what will i need to install my self. Im installing if with some friends that do alot of Trubo work on there DSMs. from what i hear tapping the oil line is the hardest? Should i get SAFC new plugs? I want to have a rad turbo setup. I think im getting foreged pistons. What is the average PSI i can run every day and how about if i want to race.
thanks
nick
Old Jan 11, 2004, 03:39 AM
Evolved Member

first of all.. either dont get an safc, and if you did sell it fast. you want to get the rrm piggyback for $400, right now you can run 8psi all day easy and tapping the oil pan is pretty difficult also make sure the person gives you the slimline rad fans. other than that good luck on the install go over everything 2 and even 3 times before you get her running and also check every connection!
Old Jan 12, 2004, 08:21 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

RRM kit swaps one of the fans to the front of the radiator. I don't think you need slimlines for it.

Everyone's saying the S-AFC won't add fuel, so yeah, it may be a good idea to avoid it. Personally I don't understand how that's possible, but I'm in no position to argue as I don't have an AFC and don't know the inner workings of the stock ECU.
Old Jan 12, 2004, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Rad...I haven't heard that word in a looong time. You really don't need a lot of high tech tidbits when turbo'ing the Lancer since your boost pressure will be relatively low. Since you're intercooled, you might be able to get away with maybe a two stage boost setup, running 6~ all the time and maybe 8 for a 30 second overtake stage.
Old Jan 12, 2004, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

stock fan wont fit in the front only the small one.. which pushes absolutely no air what so ever.. I made a ghetto custom slimline but saved myself 140$ If anyone wants to know how to make slim fan with stockies... pm me.
Old Jan 12, 2004, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

glad your going turbo! take pics and let us know how it goes when your done installing her!