Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Turbo Install Difficulty

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2004, 05:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No problem. I'm usually on during working hours (8-5) and occasionally at night from home. If you don't catch me, send me a PM and I'll give you my #.

I'll get in touch with him today.
Old May 27, 2004, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well... I am still in the process of installing mine. Not real happy right now but I don't want to start venting quite yet. NOT pleased I had to dent the **** out of my RRM header to get the kit to fit or grind on the up/down pipe. Also not pleased I didn't receive instructions on mounting the intercooler or which intercooler pipes go where... Oh, we called RRM, and they were supposed to e-mail the instructions, but they failed to do so. And now they are apparently closed til Monday. SO... I guessed and puzzled the pipes together. Oh, and the intercooler brackets don't line up either. Didn't get enough vacuum line either. Didn't get bolts for the fuel rail... There have been way too many problems popping up when I spent over $5k... Project was delayed because gaskets and manifold and Turbo bolts were not shipped originally...
Old May 27, 2004, 08:35 AM

you weren't ready to vent, but then you went and did it anyway
Old May 27, 2004, 08:49 AM
EvoM Guru

RRM is open... they are leaving early on Friday for a Race and Monday is a holiday. They don't open till a little after 9am and its only 8:45am now. They should have gotten you the pictures of the piping layout. I'll pm you my number to assist if needed. I can't see why you had to grind your up/down pipes but the header issue needs to be addressed. You can call me directly for help or wait for them to open. You have some serious complaints and they always deal with them. Your header assembly should have been put together if you ordered it at all at the same time(turbo + header i mean)... thus i don't know what's going on there. I'll talk to ROCK about this and get to the bottom of it. Just call me if there are any other issues.
Old May 27, 2004, 09:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks Boe. Call us today. We will deal with it. Kit came with instructions. Whatever you need BOe can help with or call the shop.

ROAD/RACE
Old May 27, 2004, 11:34 PM
Evolving Member

Much thanks for the quick responses..Especially Boe. Although I have had a few set backs, RRM has ALWAYS responded relatively quickly and professionally. Even with some minor problems, I do not regret my decision to go with RRM products especially the turbo kit. Will post a few pics when we are done. Should be running tomorrow!!!
Old May 27, 2004, 11:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Your other items went out today overnight.

ROAD/RACE
Old May 28, 2004, 12:16 AM
Evolved Member

Hey Rob Dont Forget About Me I Can Help To :-)
Old May 28, 2004, 06:11 AM
EvoM Guru

MC... no worries. Things happen, i'm just glad we could get you all set up and ready to go. RRM's customer service and backing is what makes them the greatest company to deal with. They are never more than a phone call or PM away. Can't wait to see the pix and hear the tales!
Old May 29, 2004, 04:27 AM
Evolving Member

Done!

Finally...125 miles still taking it easy...
Attached Thumbnails Turbo Install Difficulty-turbo-1-.jpg   Turbo Install Difficulty-turbo-2-.jpg   Turbo Install Difficulty-turbo-3-.jpg   Turbo Install Difficulty-turbo.jpg  
Old May 29, 2004, 04:34 AM
Evolving Member

Stage 2 Installed

Next...New front lip, Big Brake Upgrade, Tein Full Suspension, CLUTCH...
Attached Thumbnails Turbo Install Difficulty-fmic.jpg   Turbo Install Difficulty-cf-hood-vent-1.jpg   Turbo Install Difficulty-cf-hood-vent-2.jpg   Turbo Install Difficulty-guages-lit-up-1.jpg  
Old May 29, 2004, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

niice, only thing is that pipe from the turbo to the intercooler looks like its about to fall off the turbo...oh well, how does that greddy sound? that intercooler looks sweet in that front lip, nice work man, give us the details.
Old May 30, 2004, 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

Pipe is not going anywhere... Sits crooked to clear the headlight. With headlight out sits straight but headlight pass through is very tight squeeze... Greddy BOV makes a weird "whoo woo woo" noise when it recirculates but when I get on it...wow...

A dude in a truck with a camper cut off my buddy, he had to pass on the shoulder... BOV scared the crap out of passenger in truck.. person litterally jumped when he passed em...
Old Jun 3, 2004, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

hey, mcbrown...would the sound of a turkey describe the sound of that blow off valve?
Old Jun 4, 2004, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

is that was yours sounds like?

mcbrown - do you have the newest model of the header, or did you have to dent with the older version, becuase i thought with the new one they made you didn't have to dent anything to get it to fit? just wondering becuase i ordered the header with my kit and im hoping i dont' have to dent anything.

Quick Reply: Turbo Install Difficulty