Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Stock speakers blown?..maybe

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2007, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock speakers blown?..maybe

I have a question. My stock speakers in my Lancer seem to be quieter than they used to be. Is this a sign of them being blown? I have a set of Alpine Type-R's that I got from a friend because he owed me. I will probably just pop those in the front for now but I would like to know if my stock speakers are shot or if it's just me. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 07:05 PM

i would assume they are close to being blown out. it could also be the head unit, if you have a stock head unit the aftermarket speakers in the front could be "sucking" more power from you HU and there isnt enough power going to the rears. If you need new speakers in the back ill give you my stock ones from my 04 ES. they have about 30,000 miles on them but are still in perfect condition. PM me if your interested
Old Jan 25, 2007, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i hope you have aftermarket HU since you have subs
Old Jan 25, 2007, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

After reading my post I wasnt too clear about my problem. My bad. I dont have those Type-R's installed yet and they are 6.5" speakers not subs lol. But for now my system is all stock so by what Drewbell said they are close to being blown.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

quieter doesnt mean their blown at all, are you sure its your speakers and not your ears? as in you come from loud places before u get in your car and turn the music on, cuz your ears adjust to the volume so loud isnt so loud after a few mins.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they usually get quieter? my just blew apart...like tore
Old Jan 26, 2007, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

thats what i was thinking. it would be cool to see someone hook up their stock speakers to a powerful amp and blow them to pieces. I might do that if i go that route. It would be one hell of a video. I'm sure its just my ears tho. once i hook up those alpines and they still sound quiet i will know its just me.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy427
I have a question. My stock speakers in my Lancer seem to be quieter than they used to be. Is this a sign of them being blown? I have a set of Alpine Type-R's that I got from a friend because he owed me. I will probably just pop those in the front for now but I would like to know if my stock speakers are shot or if it's just me. Thanks in advance for any help.
well when i first got my oz, the stock speakers were quiet to begin with. so, i replaced them with 6.5 pioneers all the way around and a pioneer HU. the pioneer speakers and HU are great, but if you are going to get any type of low end, you have to add a sub because the 6.5s are just not going to do it with aftermarket and certainly not with stock speakers. check out this sub... might be somthing to get if you don't want all the weight of a huge sub-box... https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=245987
Old Jan 29, 2007, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

thanks for all the help. now i just need the money to start this car off. lol
Old Jan 29, 2007, 01:43 PM

when ur speaker is blown you will hear a raddling sound
Old Jan 30, 2007, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Karacing
when ur speaker is blown you will hear a raddling sound
+1.

Thats what happened on my Ford before I bought the Lancer.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks. I think i solved my problem. While i was trying to fix my idling my problem i had to disconnect the battery several times and i guess the last time i forgot to set my bass/treble settings where i wanted them, so the problem was not the car but the stupidity of the driver. *hides in the corner*
Old Feb 1, 2007, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy427
Thanks. I think i solved my problem. While i was trying to fix my idling my problem i had to disconnect the battery several times and i guess the last time i forgot to set my bass/treble settings where i wanted them, so the problem was not the car but the stupidity of the driver. *hides in the corner*
It's okay... we all have the I.D.10.T. error days